St Peter Port/ Tender info

Ecuador

The tender drops you off almost on the doorstep of the town, I suspect the bus stop is very close. The 'Visit Guernsey' site is good and I'm sure they would help with your plans if you contact them. One of the military museums is also fairly close.

Edited by Florry

It's very well laid out at St. Peter Port, the tender drop off is next door to a yacht marina, associated with this are the free public toilets and washrooms which can be handy when you return to catch tender back to ship. There are always a couple of ladies dressed in traditional Guernsey costume handing out free maps. They look like they can direct you and advise on how to do anything about the island as a tourist.

Regards John

If you like a walk - there is a nice walk (about 1 hr) past Fort George where the cliff path runs through the woods to Fermain Bay where there is a small beach and lovely cafe. Wonderful views of the ship at anchor from the cliff path.

Edited by bee-ess

If you like a walk - there is a nice walk (about 1 hr) past Fort George where the cliff path runs through the woods to Fermain Bay where there is a small beach and lovely cafe. Wonderful views of the ship at anchor from the cliff path.

Is the walk well signposted? Sounds like it might be a plan for our short time.

Also how long does the bus around take?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.visitguernsey.com/tasty-walks The Visit Guernsey site has several walks, click on each one to get instructions/audio.

Edited by Florry

We are going to Guernsey on 25th April, we've managed to dock there twice before and I think we have failed to dock twice. We have decided to get the 9am ferry to Sark and get the 3pm ferry back. Just can't book incase we don't dock [emoji53] If we don't dock I really hope we go to Le Havre as I would like to revisit Honfleur.

We are going to Guernsey on 25th April, we've managed to dock there twice before and I think we have failed to dock twice. We have decided to get the 9am ferry to Sark and get the 3pm ferry back. Just can't book incase we don't dock [emoji53] If we don't dock I really hope we go to Le Havre as I would like to revisit Honfleur.

I also think the tender chances are 50% successful having one successful and one unsuccessful visit, the latter being changed to a Le Havre port call. This is feasible on Princess as they run Guernsey as a three night cruise.

The official Sark tour is $140 including buggy ride or there is Herm Island at $80. Last time we landed with Princess we did official Sark tour with bicycle included, it was very safe as no motor vehicles are permitted there except agricultural tractors. The return ferry was substantially delayed due to a medical emergency that needed taking to the mainland. The Sark Emergency Ambulance came into use, much to people's amazement it does not have an engine. It is a standard ambulance body with a draw bar at the front like a caravan and it gets towed along by an agricultural tractor. My daughter noticed that it does not have blue flashing lights or a siren, "why would it I asked her?" You can see images of this on YouTube.

This incident made us very late returning to the ship and by the time we got near it, all tenders had been stowed away and the anchor could be seen being lifted out of the water. Presumably the tour operator knew about this because when we got to St Peter Port we transferred to another ferry which had a lot of Princess passengers on it and we changed to that one which took us direct to the tender platform on the ship. You need to carefully look at Sark ferry times in my opinion bearing in mind official tours will be going there too.

Regards John

Thanks in advance.

It's quite an easy route, just walk out of town following the sea on your left until you reach Fort George.From there the coast path to Fermain is signposted.

I also think the tender chances are 50% successful having one successful and one unsuccessful visit, the latter being changed to a Le Havre port call. This is feasible on Princess as they run Guernsey as a three night cruise.

The official Sark tour is $140 including buggy ride or there is Herm Island at $80. Last time we landed with Princess we did official Sark tour with bicycle included, it was very safe as no motor vehicles are permitted there except agricultural tractors. The return ferry was substantially delayed due to a medical emergency that needed taking to the mainland. The Sark Emergency Ambulance came into use, much to people's amazement it does not have an engine. It is a standard ambulance body with a draw bar at the front like a caravan and it gets towed along by an agricultural tractor. My daughter noticed that it does not have blue flashing lights or a siren, "why would it I asked her?" You can see images of this on YouTube.

This incident made us very late returning to the ship and by the time we got near it, all tenders had been stowed away and the anchor could be seen being lifted out of the water. Presumably the tour operator knew about this because when we got to St Peter Port we transferred to another ferry which had a lot of Princess passengers on it and we changed to that one which took us direct to the tender platform on the ship. You need to carefully look at Sark ferry times in my opinion bearing in mind official tours will be going there too.

Regards John

Hi John, when I checked there are ferries out at 8/9 am and there is a ferry back at 3pm and it would cost about £30 each for the return trip. Hopefully medical emergencies aren't the norm and we won't be delayed! The ship is due to dock at 7am and depart at 5pm. I'd really like to go because of the car free environment, so fingers crossed!

Hi John, when I checked there are ferries out at 8/9 am and there is a ferry back at 3pm and it would cost about £30 each for the return trip. Hopefully medical emergencies aren't the norm and we won't be delayed! The ship is due to dock at 7am and depart at 5pm. I'd really like to go because of the car free environment, so fingers crossed!

If you find out what time the return ferry the official tour is using then if you catch that one at the latest you should be fine, even if it were to be delayed because they will hold the ship up for the official tour people to return to the ship!

Regards John

If you find out what time the return ferry the official tour is using then if you catch that one at the latest you should be fine, even if it were to be delayed because they will hold the ship up for the official tour people to return to the ship!

Regards John

Yes that's what I did, the returns are 12pm, 3pm and 5pm. The tour is six hours and the ship leaves at 5pm so they must be getting the 3pm [emoji106]🏼 still got my fingers crossed I won't have to swim home though!