Just off Freedom

We are traveling with our cruise buddies, 8 to be proper, on the Freedom in May. Cannot wait to see this vessel. How is Port Canaveral? :cool:

Just returned from April 10-17, 2016 Freedom of the Seas sailing. The new Port Canaveral cruise terminal was excellent. We traveled in a group of 8 people and embarkation and debarkation were the most organized and speedy of any of the many cruises that we've taken. We also chose to purchase the luggage valet service, which made debarkation and our flights home much easier.

We just returned from our Freedom of the Seas Western Caribbean sailing (April 10-17, 2016) and really enjoyed our cruise. I am unable to scan the Compasses, but here are a few highlights:

Cruise Director: John Perry

Day 1 (Port Canaveral)

Menu: Mojo

10:00 p.m. Welcome Aboard Show starring comedian Mark Cordes

Day 2 (Day at Sea)

Formal Night, Menu: Saffron

1:00 p.m. & 3:00 p.m. Ice Spectacular: "FREEDOM-ICE.com"

6:30 p.m. & 8:30 p.m. "MARQUEE- A Tribute To The Shows That Light Up Broadway"

10:30 p.m. Late Night Adult Comedy of Mark Cordes

Day 3 (Labadee, Haiti)

Menu: Pimiento

6:30 p.m. & 8:30 p.m. Headliner Show: Drew Thomas...Master Illusionist (Star of America's Got Talent)

Day 4 (Falmouth, Jamaica)

Menu: Basil

7:00 p.m. & 9:00 p.m. Ice Spectacular: "FREEDOM-ICE.com"

Day 5 (George Town, Grand Cayman)

Formal Night, Menu: Jasmine

6:30 p.m. & 8:30 p.m. Headliner Show: The Comedy and Music of John Joseph

10:30 p.m. The Love & Marriage Game

Day 6 (Cozumel, Mexico)

Menu: Pomodoro

6:45 p.m. & 8:45 p.m. Comedy Showtime: Max Dolcelli

Day 7 (Day at Sea)

Menu: Shiitake

6:30 p.m. & 8:30 p.m. Show: Once Upon A Time- A Comedy Musical of Classic Fairy Tales

10:30 p.m. Late Night Adult Comedy of Max Dolcelli

There was also a variety of other entertainment: Quest, White Night Pool Party, 70's Disco Party in the Promenade,etc. and live music around the ship.

We are traveling with our cruise buddies, 8 to be proper, on the Freedom in May. Cannot wait to see this vessel. How is Port Canaveral? :cool:

We just returned from our FOS cruise last week. We were in a balcony and had a nice think pad on the mattress so the bed was very comfy. Port Canaveral was very nice. As many have said embarkation was a breeze and we carried our own luggage off before 7:30a.m. We took the Cortrans 8:00 shuttle back to MCO.

The ports were great because we love the beaches with the beautiful blue water! Our favorite show was the "Marquee" show with the singers and dancers with all the songs on Broadway..The Phantom of the Opera part was the best! Plus the orchestra didn't drown out the fabulous singers. The Ice show is great and we enjoyed the comedians. We love all the entertainment. Our only disappointment was the Murder Mystery dinner. This was our first time going to it and it was really "hokey" and very expensive for what you got. We should have saved 80 dollars and just gone to Giovanni's for dinner and ordered exactly what we wanted. It's fun to try new things, so now we know not to do that again.

Happy cruising...we now have 24 weeks to wait for our next cruise!

Makes me more excited reading everyones reviews. Cant wait till we go. Took my boys to the beach a couple weeks ago in cocoa and past the ships. smade it seem so close yet so far away haha. Im nervous about the beds!! god i would hate to wake up with a sore back and neck everyday! Excited for some french toast too. I love it. Is that something you can order form room service? Fingured 1 or 2 mornings i would sit on the balcony and eat breakfast while drinking something nice while the kids are still asleep ;)

we are leaving June 5th. I would love to see the western Compasses... if you can scan them that would be great!!

ALso... I am sure this has been asked but I can't find it.. what is it with the themed dinners.. saffron? mojo? please explain if you will :)

Our bed had a topper on it so it was very comfortable. We hadn't asked for a topper in advance, had planned to if it did not have one.

The french toast is not the kind that is cooked long. We like our french toast cooked well, not burst but well "toasted." So when we saw it, we didn't put it on our plates.

Happy cruising!

We just got off FOS today. WOW! What a wonderful vacation. Thank you so much for the hours I spent in these forums gathering all the information you had to offer. It would not have been as smooth if it wasn't for Cruise Critic. I have the Cruise compasses and will download them if I can figure out how to do it. Thanks again!

Sounds as if we'll enjoy our cruise in November.