Music at Nachi?

KCMiller

Is there music piped in at Nachi? I'm not a fan of most of the kind of music young people listen to these days, although I'm not adverse to quiet local music, like mariachi. Can anyone who's been there recently give me a scoop? And if there IS music, can you tell me if it's just by the pool? Can you hear it from the beach palapas?

Thanks - I feel like an old coot, but I'd much rather know beforehand.

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting... 'quiet' is how they describe themselves on the website. They were playing music at the remote bar-hut when were were there 2 weeks ago. However, it was quite enough that it couldn't be heard more than ~20-30 feet away, and wasn't even 'load' when walking directly past the bar. At the time, it was 90s rock and pop, which I found quite enjoyable.

I don't recall any music at the main pool/bar/restaurant area.

One of the things we loved was the quiet of the place, and we booked in September based on that. We'll be sorely disappointed if it has become loud.

I read several more reviews that were even more recent than the one I posted that said Nachi is definitely still quiet.

Evidently, they tried something new for a short time and quickly received enough complaints to cause them to reconsider. Thank goodness!

We are excited! We just reserved our Nachi spots for May 2nd.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I was just looking at my booking confirmation and found:

Terms and Conditions: Nachi Cocom is offered as a private and relaxing beach club experience. Nachi Cocom does not provide or allow for a loud spring break party atmosphere. Please note that the beach club staff reserves the right to refuse alcoholic beverage service to any client who appears drunk or who is behaving in a disorderly manner. The beach club also reserves the right to remove any client from the property, without refund, who is behaving in an inappropriate or offensive manner. Please note that topless sunbathing is not permitted.

All good until that last part. :D

Interesting... 'quiet' is how they describe themselves on the website. They were playing music at the remote bar-hut when were were there 2 weeks ago. However, it was quite enough that it couldn't be heard more than ~20-30 feet away, and wasn't even 'load' when walking directly past the bar. At the time, it was 90s rock and pop, which I found quite enjoyable.

I don't recall any music at the main pool/bar/restaurant area.

One of the things we loved was the quiet of the place, and we booked in September based on that. We'll be sorely disappointed if it has become loud.

W were there on April 14 and had a similar experience, seated on the beach near the bar area and could hear only a light 90s type radio music which I actually enjoyed after being away from my radio for the length of my cruise. There were many other chair options that I'm sure we could have asked to move to which would not likely be in range for the sound, but we chose to stay and enjoy it.

Had a great day with wonderful service, so we will return.

There was no music at nachi. We were there in April and the folks next to us asked if they could play music from their phone. I didn't want to hear their music so I said politely "that would be fine however can you keep it low?" It was nice of them to ask and we barely heard it, if ever.

The problem we had when we were there was that there was a group of about 20 unbelievably loud ladies. They were age range 40–60 and were mostly friends from work. Half were at the beach and half were at the pool so there was no escaping the unbelievably loud screams and cackles. I chatted with a few ladies in the pool and they were friendly and seemed nice, but boy were they loud.

We flip back-and-forth between Nachi and Paradise Beach and enjoy both places. They are different and that's why we flip back-and-forth.

Enjoy

M

I was at Nachi Cocum last week and there is a little bit of music in the pool/bar area. It was 90's rock and roll and it wasn't too loud. I'm sure if you asked them to turn it down or off, they would. There was only 30 people there that day and it was heaven!!!