Waitlisted for MDR. What does that mean?

We're off on a cruise next month on Carnival Spirit. We selected "Anytime Dining" because we have having to stick to schedules/timetables while we're on holidays. My booking says our dining preference has been "wait listed". What does that actually mean? I'm really hoping we don't get given a set time to eat.

Another question... if we do get given a set time to eat will the same time be given to both the cabins under our booking?

We're off on a cruise next month on Carnival Spirit. We selected "Anytime Dining" because we have having to stick to schedules/timetables while we're on holidays. My booking says our dining preference has been "wait listed". What does that actually mean? I'm really hoping we don't get given a set time to eat.

Another question... if we do get given a set time to eat will the same time be given to both the cabins under our booking?

It means that ATD is at or near capacity, so you are on a wait list in case a place becomes available.

If schedules are important fixed time may Be better as there is no guarantee ou won need to wait.

Being on the same time, contact whoever you booked with and have the bookings linked.

If having to eat at the same time every day is important, then the traditional seating option is better for you. Also link the bookings so you sit together. See the maitre' de once on board if you cannot settle it prior to cruising.:D

I think the OP made a typo in their post and it should have been 'hate having to stick to ...', so that is why they want Anytime dining.

If you have two separate booking numbers I agree with GUT to contact your TA (or the line if directly booked) to have the bookings linked. If the other cabin booked separately you may need to have an email from them requesting this as well.

I think the OP made a typo in their post and it should have been 'hate having to stick to ...', so that is why they want Anytime dining.

If you have two separate booking numbers I agree with GUT to contact your TA (or the line if directly booked) to have the bookings linked. If the other cabin booked separately you may need to have an email from them requesting this as well.

You may be right. either way, they will need to get the bookings linked although it is less important with AD.

Edited by MicCanberra

Sorry, yes it should say "HATE having to stick to schedules". As a family with 5 kids ours days are full of schedules from 8am to 9pm almost every day. The big appeal of a cruise holiday is that we dont need to rush to make set appointment times.

I booked both rooms online directly with Carnival at the same time so I would have thought they would be linked but I have a seperate booking numbers for each room.

I'm now wondering if the waitlisting for anytime dining has something to do with the fact we booked Guaranteed rooms. We've been assigned balcony rooms reasonably close together which we're very happy with but does having the guarantee booking mean we have to wait until everyone else chooses their dining time before we are assigned a time?

All in all, given the price we paid I'll be happy with whatever we get and I'm sure we'll have a ball. I just like to know beforehand what to expect :)

Waitlisted to me means that I'd say that you are currently assigned a set time for dining, but they will try get you on anytime dining if it becomes available. If you don't get it,

you could always approach the MDR on the first day of the cruise & see if they can do anything. If not ask again after a couple of days.