Toddler Splash Area on Getaway

palm31

Hi, We will be sailing the first week of May with our 15 month old on the Getaway. He is still in diapers, so I wanted to know if there is a splash area for babies still in swim diapers on this ship? I know the pools are not allowed.

Thanks!

Hi, We will be sailing the first week of May with our 15 month old on the Getaway. He is still in diapers, so I wanted to know if there is a splash area for babies still in swim diapers on this ship? I know the pools are not allowed.

Thanks!

No. Just ask yourself if you would want your kids swimming or wading around in other children's waster matter. Didn't think so! :eek:

Thanks!

We were on the getaway in January and there were many babies in swim diapers in the splash pad area.

We were on the getaway in January and there were many babies in swim diapers in the splash pad area.

That is...

1) Gross

2) Rude

3) Unsanitary

4) Typical of he current "me-first, no one else matters" generation

5) ALL OF THE ABOVE (Hint - correct answer)

No. Just ask yourself if you would want your kids swimming or wading around in other children's waster matter. Didn't think so! :eek:

And yet, the USPH allows for the operation of such splash areas, and all the Disney ships and RCI's Freedom, Oasis, and Quantum class ships have them. :o

And yet, the USPH allows for the operation of such splash areas, and all the Disney ships and RCI's Freedom, Oasis, and Quantum class ships have them. :o

I thought you had said in the past that those ships were built with a different flow-thru system that NCL does not have? I'm probably confused since my kids are older and it doesn't affect us.

I thought you had said in the past that those ships were built with a different flow-thru system that NCL does not have? I'm probably confused since my kids are older and it doesn't affect us.

Absolutely, they have separate water supplies, different construction requirements, and additional sterilization equipment for the water. My point was that the poster I quoted had a problem with children being in the water with kids in diapers, yet the government agency tasked with ship sanitation allows for this to happen.

I'm not advocating letting kids in diapers into adult or child pools. The ships I quoted have "baby-only recreational water facilities" and this is the only place kids in swim diapers can and should go.

Really? It's against the rules.

Harriet

https://www.ncl.com/faq/guest-conduct-policy

"Pools:

**Guests must be fully toilet trained to enter the pools or hot tubs. Therefore, guests in diapers, pull-ups or swimmers may not use the pools or hot tubs, even if accompanied by a parent or adult guardian.

Hot Tubs:

**Under age 16 must be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian. Guests must be fully toilet trained to enter the pools or hot tubs. Therefore, guests in diapers, pull-ups or swimmers may not use the pools or hot tubs, even if accompanied by a parent or adult guardian.

** United States Public health ( U.S.P.H. ) regulations prohibit diapers of any kind, including those marked as “swimmers,” in the swimming pools or hot tubs."

Edited by darrengs

She was stating that it was against the rules. She wasn't questioning it.

Yep, what she said. :) Otherwise, there would have been a "?" at the end of the sentence.

Harriet

Edited by hpecorari