!! Oasis !! 9 Days Medley Cruise ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

Loving your reviews! Am very amused by the "cold water" comments. We are from NY and are used to the Atlantic (Cape Cod) and such. Hoping our definitions are vastly different and I will be enjoying the "warm" waters of the islands next week from the Anthem lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

When we got there the open bus was leaving, and then came a minivan.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%205-178_zpsfb6wqzwe.jpg

This was really funny, and a great lesson for her children. There was a couple, her husband sat in the passenger seat and she took the first row of the van with the kids. She then tried closing the AC vents, but she kept pressing it hard. The van owner told her to stop pressing them because she was going to break them, he said someone had broken the ones in the back. Next thing you know she got super defensive and goes “Do you know what car I drive? A Mercedes Benz!”, he responded, “I don’t care what car you drive, just don’t break my bus”. It was really funny because meanwhile her husband is sitting quietly in the front, lol. Now I am not sure how exactly a Mercedes Benz relates to AC vents, maybe they invented AC vents? LoL. That lady was on fire, so funny.

There she is fighting with the driver. At one point I thought she was going to get off the van. Not sure why she did not.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%205-179_zpsh5hloiip.jpg

And here she is telling her daughter “Always make sure people know what car you drive, that is why you have to upgrade to a Bentley!” LoL. That part I made up. She had calm down by then.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%205-180_zpscjcjjzdq.jpg

Once full, we left.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%205-181_zpspmffj2q2.jpg

Hi Gambee. Some people are so entitled! The smokers next to you are beyond rude. How dare they impact the enjoyment of the vacation you paid for. The entitled female and her Mercedes, well who cares what she drives. She just had to make sure the driver knew that she was more important than him because of what she drives. People like your neighbours and the fancy car lady do not have enough intelligence and class to display simple manners. Shame on them!

Before getting back on the ship I tried to get an even bow shot for Emmy. But the issue was that the security building was dead in the middle. I tried my best, but it was not an exact shot.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-368_zps6q4b0idw.jpg

This picture is ridiculously awesome!!! Really shows the depth of the ship. Yea...she is a big girl!!!! :D

My first time at Megan's bay was back in 1978. Back then there were no buildings on the hillsides of the bay. We were told it was going to stay that way. It is obvious that has changed.

A truly great review. I can't imagine what it would cost if all your pictures were on film and had to be developed. So glad some genius came up with digital.

Gambee loving your review as always. Can't wait to find out what happened with the smokers. We might need to start using the video function on our cameras and phones. Get up bright and early and set it up to record their morning smoke. This is why I think I'm going to start packing stinky cologne. You know that .99 Cent store brand that smells awful. I'll purchase about 5 bottles. If the smokers don't cooperate I'll make sure they don't enjoy their balcony either. It's terrible people can't follow the rules. AARRGGHH!!

Back on the ship I got the drinks from Boleros.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-471_zpsr9mhgyk6.jpg

We had no plans on eating dinner that night, we ate way to late. So instead I stopped by park cafe and got a little something. Same remarks about the food here stand true. It is simply convenient and thats it.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-474_zpsvrd1slol.jpg

Do you know if drinks here are covered under their alcohol program?

Also, it is a shame that the food at the cafe is so bland when the presentation is so nice.:eek:

Like everyone else, I'm sorry to hear about the smokers. Maybe next time videotape them on your phone? Heck, throw on Periscope and let the world see how rude they are!! At the very least, you would see the smoke as evidence.

Although - it's one thing to be rude and smoke. It's entirely something else to make fun of your mother. I'm with you there - I would have gone completely crazy!

He sure did keep some what calm. I would have thrown them off and got kicked off the ship...lol So disrespectful.

Loving your reviews! Am very amused by the "cold water" comments. We are from NY and are used to the Atlantic (Cape Cod) and such. Hoping our definitions are vastly different and I will be enjoying the "warm" waters of the islands next week from the Anthem lol.

I was thinking the same thing.... We are from Michigan and have never experienced "cold" water in the Caribbean! haha guess it is a matter of perspective! Loving the review Gambee - so glad you did a beach day on St. Thomas as I am trying to determine which beach to go to when we dock there on Oasis next April.

I was thinking the same thing.... We are from Michigan and have never experienced "cold" water in the Caribbean! haha guess it is a matter of perspective! Loving the review Gambee - so glad you did a beach day on St. Thomas as I am trying to determine which beach to go to when we dock there on Oasis next April.

I grew up in NC where we went swimming in rivers flowing down from the mountains. So very cold, but never thought anything about it. Now living in Fl for over a decade, well, you get acclimated, no way could I do those cold rivers now!! Lol, all what you get used to I guess

I grew up in NC where we went swimming in rivers flowing down from the mountains. So very cold, but never thought anything about it. Now living in Fl for over a decade, well, you get acclimated, no way could I do those cold rivers now!! Lol, all what you get used to I guess

You get acclimated... and dare I say... older as well hide.gif

I openly admit to not being able to tolerate the same frigid water temps that had our lips turn blue back in the day.

dp

Edited by dpostman

Thanks for the Coast Guard pictures! I was in the Coast Guard and went to that base to be assigned a duty station on the island. I could have picked San Juan, but that was aboard a buoy tender, and I couldn't picture myself being in a hot assed engine room in Puerto Rico.

I chose the other side of the island to be land based in Aguadilla, and had a duplex I shared with an admin clerk. We had some great times, and I did make it to San Juan a few times, and bought a car while there. What a beautiful island. Thanks again for the photos.

Glad to bring you memories, of your time on the coastguard. Like you said, I could not imagine being in an engine room in puerto rico.

Thank you again for this review! It's making me look so forward to sailing her in May. As far as your comments about Mass, I'm not Catholic, so I can't relate in that way, but I did grow up in the Bible Belt as a Southern Baptist. I have a cousin I love very much that came out many years ago. It was very hard on her, and unfortunately with some of my family to blame, as well as the church, so I absolutely get where you're coming from. It really showed me how cruel people can be when they judge others and think they know the mind of God. I'm glad you have good spirituality because that's what's important, not what someone else thinks they know about God's opinions. I think being in the health care field for so many years helped me really open my mind up from my narrow minded upbringing in that area for which I am very grateful. I also watched my cousin struggle and be hurt by all of it, and it really changed my mind about things I was taught. She's happily married now and it's a beautiful thing. I hope one day, if it's important to you, you can find a church that can embrace everyone because isn't that the whole point? Anyway, I'm very much enjoying your review, I look forward to it every day and hope everything is ok with you now.

Julie

Religion is always a touchy subject. But I am actually quite happy spiritually. I have been offered to go to a few open minded churches around here, but quite honestly, I have no desire to do so. I like where I am currently at :)

Hi Gambee! I have finally caught up with your wonderful review. :) It's so nice to see your and your Mom cruising again. I am enjoying the wonderful pictures and your great commentary. Congratulations on your citizenship and being accepted into your preferred grad school, too. Sorry to hear about your Mom's aunt and your uncle's health worries. It's good to hear he is recovering well. I'll be looking forward to your NCL review, too.:)

Heather

Well hello there Heather, nice to see you here again =)

Thank you for the kind words and for following along, it is always a pleasure to have you here :)

Seems I have the opposite problem! On cruises, I can not seem to stay awake past 7:30 pm.:eek:

I seem to have both problems, I wake up at 7am, and by 8pm I am worn out :D

I have to find some time to nap in between.

Hi Gambee! I just came upon this review and am now up to page 3. First off just let me say you have my condolences for your family member's loss. On a more upbeat note I am glad to hear that your uncle is working to get better from his issues. He was a big part of one your previous review's and I hope we see him in a future review. Lastly, congratulations on becoming a US Citizen and your acceptance into grad school! Work hard in school and I'm sure you will find much success in the physical therapy career area!

Now I have to get back to reading the review! Glad to see another review from you. Take Care!

Harold H. :D

Nice to see you here Harold, I have always enjoyed your comments as you follow along.

Thank you for the kind words, I truly appreciate it.

Mom was really intrigued by these trees that was sprouting flowers. No one knew what kind of tree it was, and until now she does not know. Any help?

Looks like hibiscus

Mom was really intrigued by these trees that was sprouting flowers. No one knew what kind of tree it was, and until now she does not know. Any help?

I'm almost sure this is plumeria

Might be Plumeria.

I said hibiscus but I think you are correct, Plumeria

I believe that tree is a plumeria. They were all over in Hawaii. So beautiful.

Yes! and they smell fantastic! Courtyard of the Royal Hawaiian smells like heaven.

Looks like a Chinese magnolia tree.

That is a Plumeria. Found all over Hawaii as well. Smells so good...

Plumeria it is. Thank you every one :)

Brilliant pics of the ship at night. Also loving homers mumu

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

LoL, I loved that episode of the Simpsons. Glad you liked the night photos, they are among my favorite.

Thank you so much for your great review of Oasis. I've been on Allure three times, and am booked on Oasis this September. Your photos are awesome! I'm enjoying the ship and the ports with you, as well as your comments.:):cool:

Thank you for your comment and for following us our adventure.

I hope you continue to enjoy the review :)