Air Times and Long beach (Miracle)

pawags45

Talking the Carnival Miracle Cruise to Hawaii in November 2016. If I book a return flight leaving LAX at 12.20pm will this work.

I highly doubt it. You can never know what time you get off the boat and finally get your bags and what not. To be safe you'll want a later flight, but you "might" be able to make it.

If you're flying American Airlines, remember that there are two AA check in terminals at LAX and you'll need to determine the one thats the closest to the AA gates. We chose the one that wasn't and nearly missed our flights.

Talking the Carnival Miracle Cruise to Hawaii in November 2016. If I book a return flight leaving LAX at 12.20pm will this work.

It will work IF:

You do not take a Carnival transfer but take a Super Shuttle. We've booked flights out of LAX with the flight leaving at 11:30 and we've always made it with time to spare. As soon as you get to LAX check your bags in at the curb. Get your boarding passes on the ship. You will make the flight if you get off the ship early. Just go to guest services and show them your flight schedule and you'll be off the ship with the first batch to debark.

P.S. Make sure you self debark - that is handle your own luggage.

Edited by elliair

If you pay for Faster to the Fun and can carry your own luggage off the ship you'll be in the very first group off even before the folks who have Group 1 stickers.

We have done that several times on the Miracle and have been off by about 8:30AM.

Then just take a taxi right from the dock and you'll be at LAX in plenty of time for your flight!

Thanks All. I am Platinum so I would have luggage tag 1. Planning on taking Taxi from pier. and it will be a Sunday so traffic should not be as bad. Problem is with Southwest the only Non Stop flight is at 12.20pm.

Taxi rank is to the left as you exit the Dome. Approx $75 flat.

Southwest is the easiest airline at LAX. Terminal 1.

Edited by SadieN

Thanks All. I am Platinum so I would have luggage tag 1. Planning on taking Taxi from pier. and it will be a Sunday so traffic should not be as bad. Problem is with Southwest the only Non Stop flight is at 12.20pm.

For Super Shuttle including tip we paid $48.38 for 2 people. They drop you right where Southwest baggage check in is. It beats going inside and standing in line. We fly Southwest all the time. Super Shuttle also texts you with your van number so there's no waiting for a van to fill up. Good l;uck!

Edited by elliair

I'll echo what some others are saying here...

We took the Hawaii cruise in January 2015 and had flights leaving LAX at 11:20am. Like you, we are platinum and were one of the first ones off the ship. However, we did do the self-debark to ensure we didn't waste a lot of time waiting for Carnival to call our departure zone #.

From Long Beach, we took a cab directly to LAX and were there in plenty of time for our flight. To be specific, we were thru security and at our gate by 10:00am.

Garnett

Edited by N7786W Flyer