Should we request onboard credits

radioguy54

We are sailing on the Victory April 28th to Nassau. This morning we recieved an email stating that we would not leave Port Canaveral until 6pm and return Sunday at 6am, due to beautifying staterooms....Seems Carnival is cutting into my vacation. Should we request onboard credits?

We are sailing on the Victory April 28th to Nassau. This morning we recieved an email stating that we would not leave Port Canaveral until 6pm and return Sunday at 6am, due to beautifying staterooms....Seems Carnival is cutting into my vacation. Should we request onboard credits?

This is an April 6th April fools joke right?

The time in port is really free bonus time for you before the actual cruise takes place;) 1 1/2 hours is no loss.

Not sure I'd describe any thing as "free bonus time". But I don't think OP really has any grounds to ask for credits either.

Your cruise is still leaving the same day. If you want to go by the cruise contract, Carnival has the right to adjust the schedule (including ports) based on a number of factors. You dont get OBC for something you have already agreed to in writing.

They said we could not board until 1:30, we are usually on by noon

They always say you can't board until 1:30 and I am always on the ship by 11. I don't think delaying departure by 2 hours while you are still on board deserves on-board credit. Just be thankful you are going on a cruise. There are people starving to death in this world.

Another thread about the delayed boarding with very different spin.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2338313

Even if you made such a request, I doubt Carnival would deem it necessary to compensate you.

From personal experience, I believe Carnival awards $50 or $100 OBC for missing a port. What could an hour and a half delay be worth ? A couple of bucks, at most ?

I will be in the victory may 9 . I also received the letter. The only issue is our rental car in Orlando time can not be adjusted. Also same with the transfer. I guess we will be sitting on the curb until they let us in

Edited by debidls

Even if you made such a request, I doubt Carnival would deem it necessary to compensate you.

From personal experience, I believe Carnival awards $50 or $100 OBC for missing a port. What could an hour and a half delay be worth ? A couple of bucks, at most ?

We missed a port on our last cruise, only thing we got was port fees refunded

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

why is it everybody wants wants wants and cant just enjoy there vacation?????????

Relax.

In instances where Carnival has had to delay boarding and guests had to go buy their own lunch or dinner, carnival has issued OBC to cover some of those costs. I don't think OP was out of line for asking the question, but I don't think boarding will be delayed or lunch skipped.

Shocking! Demand a free cruise! :eek:

Or at least 50% off!:rolleyes:

Seriously. I don't get why everything needs to turn into a tangible, monetary gain. The delay is not that big of a deal unless you make it one. This is the problem when Carnival starts doling out obc for this and that as a courtesy. People then look for it for every tiny thing. Then it's not enough. What a vicious cycle. I can see why some cruiselines don't give ya squat even for situations that clearly are justified for something. It just snowballs.

refunding port fees is usually just a few buck maybe 10 or so.