Teppanyaki for 9?

Allie322

Our group of 9 would like to eat at Teppanyaki on our Breakaway cruise in June. I know traditional hibachi seating is for up to 8 and the NCL reservation system reflects that. Does anyone know if they would add a 9th person? I know we wouldn't mind squishing and based on the photos I've seen, it certainly looks like there's room. Any info or advice is welcome!

Our group of 9 would like to eat at Teppanyaki on our Breakaway cruise in June. I know traditional hibachi seating is for up to 8 and the NCL reservation system reflects that.
The system only accepts a maximum of 8 for any restaurant booking, it isn't necessarily because that is the maximum table size for that venue. Some ships have larger Teppanyaki tables than can accommodate 10 or maybe even 12 people at the same time. But you will have to call to make reservations for 9 people.

Sailed Breakaway in August 2014 with 9 adults. Made two separate reservations. One for four and one for five. When we boarded, I stopped at Le Bistro and had all of our reservations of four and five combined so the restaurants knew we wanted table for 9. We had no problems the whole week. And yes, we sat 9 people at one table at Teppanyaki.

Sailed Breakaway in August 2014 with 9 adults. Made two separate reservations. One for four and one for five. When we boarded, I stopped at Le Bistro and had all of our reservations of four and five combined so the restaurants knew we wanted table for 9. We had no problems the whole week. And yes, we sat 9 people at one table at Teppanyaki.

We were 10 on the Breakaway and did just as you did. Was not a problem and we were not staying Haven and we ate in all the specialty restaurants.

Our group of 9 would like to eat at Teppanyaki on our Breakaway cruise in June. I know traditional hibachi seating is for up to 8 and the NCL reservation system reflects that. Does anyone know if they would add a 9th person? I know we wouldn't mind squishing and based on the photos I've seen, it certainly looks like there's room. Any info or advice is welcome!
I would make one reservation for 5 and another for 4, hopefully both under someone's name who has a dining package. When you get to the restaurant, let the hostess know that you all would like to be at one table. On the Dawn there were 10 of us at our table and it wasn't squished. I would make your reservations as soon as possible, since seating at that restaurant is limited.

I would make one reservation for 5 and another for 4, hopefully both under someone's name who has a dining package. When you get to the restaurant, let the hostess know that you all would like to be at one table.

I wouldn't wait that long as they might have seated other people already at that point, best advice is earlier to combine the reservations after getting onboard.