$75 per port shore excursion promo

fivesenuff

Does anyone know if this has to be used per port or can it be combined. I wanted to combine it and take one larger excursion but on my roll call someone said it had to be per port. Just looking for clarification before I call the SE desk back.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The current promo is:

"Each stateroom receives a $50 per port Shore Excursion credit to spend on a wild adventure or a relaxing afternoon. For Bermuda each stateroom receives $150 worth of Shore Excursion Credits."

Not sure where you received the $75 promo (good for you!!) but if it is the same T&Cs, then it is PER port and you cannot combine them for the larger excursion. Also, the $150 for Bermuda is misrepresented... it is $50 per DAY for a total of $150 and you cannot combine them for a larger excursion on one day. I have asked this specifically to the SE Dept as I felt that the ship is in port for 3 days why penalize me to use them for 3 separate excursions (revenue generating machine at work!!!).....

and a caution.... if the ship does not make it to a port (they have the right to change itinerary or skip a port completely at their discretion for any reason).... that $50 (or $75 for you) is LOST and not carried over to the next port.... this is important to know especially with the string of misses at GSC.

I have the $75 credit and I can assure it is per port. I also wanted to use it all in one port but no luck. Since we are a family of 4 it basically pays for 1 of us to take a excursion.

The current promo is 50 but one from last year was 75 just like the meals thing they change them all the time

Thanks for the quick replies. Guess I will be cancelling that expensive excursion. That just became a useless promo. Guess I will see if they have smaller excursion we can do in ports after independent excursion. We will be in Alaska so might be tough.

Thanks for the quick replies. Guess I will be cancelling that expensive excursion. That just became a useless promo. Guess I will see if they have smaller excursion we can do in ports after independent excursion. We will be in Alaska so might be tough.

We are on Escape and it was one of the promos we got in Haven. But I agree its pretty valueless. We usually do our own thing since its cheaper, on our schedule and less crowded but I found 2 excursions that the credit basically pays for 1 of us.

Thanks for the quick replies. Guess I will be cancelling that expensive excursion. That just became a useless promo.

That's how we felt about the Drink Package Promo. When we booked a year ago, we chose the Gratuities Paid promo, which it looks like they dropped. Probably because there is no way to restrict it so they can make money off it...

We are on Escape and it was one of the promos we got in Haven. But I agree its pretty valueless. We usually do our own thing since its cheaper, on our schedule and less crowded but I found 2 excursions that the credit basically pays for 1 of us.

We are in a suite so not going to stress it because I got all 4 promos but just wish I could combine them

We had the $75 dollar excursion credit when we recently sailed on the Escape. I was determined to find a way to use this for at least one port, without having to spend a lot more out of pocket. Our family of 4 took the sky ride to paradise point while we were in St Thomas. The credit covered 3 of our tickets and we payed $25 additional for the 4th. This was a very leisurely option. You just take a short walk from the ship to the "Sky tram terminal" at whatever time you choose. The views from the top were spectacular. Our teenagers enjoyed the free wifi at the restaurant to catch up with friends for a little while. We had a cocktail, took LOTS of pictures and headed back down. I had to call and book the excursion prior to the cruise & then a $75 credit showed up on our account the day of the excursion.

How do you even use these? Do they automatically do it if you book on the ship? Can u use them prior to getting on ship if I want to book something now?

We have this.

I called to book the excursion we wanted and then, not sure if this just because we are Canadian, they said to prepay in CDN full amount, then they will give me the $50 back as OBC in US dollars.

The excursion promo is credited to your account on the last sea day so don't panic if you do not see it immediately following the excursion.

Also, just be aware that if an excursion costs $30 (like clamshell lounges on GSC) then the credit is $30 and not the full promo that is advertised..... basically you cannot profit from the promo.... some people interpret that it is a flat $50 or $75 OBC per port

Edited by esm54687

The excursion promo is credited to your account on the last sea day so don't panic if you do not see it immediately following the excursion.

Also, just be aware that if an excursion costs $30 (like clamshell lounges on GSC) then the credit is $30 and not the full promo that is advertised..... basically you cannot profit from the promo.... some people interpret that it is a flat $50 or $75 OBC per port

Oh, that's interesting -- but what about multiple people? If you book a $49 excursion for 4, you get the whole $75, right? (If you booked up when it was $75 obviously.)

We have the $50 per cabin shore excursion credit. Can we use it to book a shuttle transfer in Port C. that either is $15 or $17 per person or would they not allow us to use it because it is less than the $25 credit per person?:confused:

MARAPRINCE

Regguy and Maraprince....... it is not per person but per cabin..... so whatever your excursion total is for the cabin, the promo will be applied. ($49*4)-$75=$121... or ($17*2)-$50= FREE

I think my math is right using one as 75 and the other as 50 promo... the 50 promo does not return the balance

Regguy and Maraprince....... it is not per person but per cabin..... so whatever your excursion total is for the cabin, the promo will be applied. ($49*4)-$75=$121... or ($17*2)-$50= FREE

I think my math is right using one as 75 and the other as 50 promo... the 50 promo does not return the balance

I can see it working if only one person is paying for everything charged to the cabin on one credit card account. We always set up 2 separate accounts on board and each of us pays for any expenses we individually incur. So how would this work if it is applied as "a $50 per cabin" promo credit? Would NCL have to split the cabin promo credit on each person's billing statement at the end of the cruise? Or, when we initially set up the 2 separate accounts would the promo credits be set up as well?

MARAPRINCE

Edited by Maraprince

If the shore excursion credit is per cabin (and not per person) how does it work since we always set up a separate account for each of us? When we initially set up the separate accounts, will NCL also pro-rate the shore excursion credit of $25 per port as $12.50 per person or what?

MARAPRINCE

Didn't mean to panic everyone but the mention of the separate credit cards was not mentioned in the original question about the use of the credit.....

The Excursion Promo Credit can be broken up equally to separate credit cards in the stateroom upon Check-In

Edited by esm54687

Didn't mean to panic everyone but the mention of the separate credit cards was not mentioned in the original question about the use of the credit.....

The Excursion Promo Credit can be broken up equally to separate credit cards in the stateroom upon Check-In

Perfect! Just what we needed to know!

MARAPRINCE