Ncl first timers

Dazman61

Hi all, I am new to this site so firstly hello everyone.We have been on two previous cruises, Oasis of seas to Caribbean, Disney Fantasy to Caribbean both in balcony cabins,and now thinking of booking a med cruise on ncl and have the choice of the Epic or Jade,like both iteniries but would like some opinions on these ships, both pro's and cons before we finally decide....thinking late June early July,many thanks in advance

Both are nice. Epic is newer and larger. My preference would be Jade because I like the Jewel class. To me it is the perfect size.

Re: Epic, people love it or hate it. You might do a auick google search on "Epic bathrooms".

We were in the same "boat" and ended up going with the Epic for our July trip. From what I have read, the Epic seemed like it might have more for the two (very active) teens traveling with us to do (bigger water slides, larger gym, rock wall), but the Jade seemed great for adults. Also, the week we were looking at was cheaper on the Epic for a group of 5. That and the current refugee crisis in Greece tipped us away from going on the Jade.

Edited by Midwest_Traveler

I've been on both & loved both. Epic is definitely a love it or hate it experience. We loved it. It really depends if you like the big ships or small ships! Did you like the big ship oasis? If you did , Epic might be c a good choice. If you thought the Oasis was too crowded I would go with Jade.

Thanks for the replys,have read quite a few reviews of both ships and have seen many discussions regarding the bathroom scenario but don't think this would bother us,and as for the ship size we loved the oasis and thought bigger was better but also loved the fantasy which is a totally different experience