Boarding Britannia in St Lucia

tinsoldier

Hi - I'm very excited about a caribbean cruise on Britannia in December. We are joining her in Castries, St Lucia on Sat 10th Dec.

Does anyone know how long the transfer is from the airport to the ship and whether there will be the opportunity to buy any duty free spirits between the airport and the ship? Not looking to buy loads! Just a bottle of whisky to save having to wait for room service once we're on board. A whisky and coke on the balcony is always the official start of our holiday!! :D

Thanks

Britannia will probably berth at Point Seraphine which is the better of the two docks. There is a large shopping complex at the dockside that you pass thro to board the ship and quite a few shops that sell booze which they say is duty free.

Does anyone know roughly how long the transfer from airport to ship is?

The International airport is in the south of the Island whilst the Port of Castries is in the North west of the Island. It is at least 1 hour 30 mins away, about 45 miles on not the best roads in the world.

Don't think it will be Pointe Seraphine as there are no 'shed' areas to process passengers as in Barbados, think far more likely to be the other side of the harbour in the commercial area

If you check the Castries Port schedule Britannia during 2015/16 has always docked at Port Seraphine (P/S#1), the port schedule for end of 2016 is yet to be published. It is extremely unlikely to dock at the city berth, the other side of the harbour you call the commercial area, as Britannia is too large for this berth.

To be sure of the assigned dock you can view http://www.slaspa.com/contentPages/view/cruise-schedules later this year.

Hi Devon Doll - so if thats the case do you know if there is anywhere that we will be able to get a bottle of a whisky?

tinsoldier, we are also on this cruise however we are on the Britannia the week before you 2nd December 2016. If you wish I can get you a botle of whisky and coke from the Duty Free in Barbados and have it waiting for you in your cabin. Just let me know. I am already posting on Roll Call Britannia 2nd December 2016 Caribbean and I see you are also posting on there. Pat

tinsoldier, we are also on this cruise however we are on the Britannia the week before you 2nd December 2016. If you wish I can get you a botle of whisky and coke from the Duty Free in Barbados and have it waiting for you in your cabin. Just let me know. I am already posting on Roll Call Britannia 2nd December 2016 Caribbean and I see you are also posting on there. Pat

What a kind person you are :)

We have just booked for next year(our 25th anniversary), although it is a long way off I would be very interested to hear of your experience in St. Lucia in Dec 16 as opposed to Barbados, Tin Soldier.

In fact if anyone else has joined in St. Lucia and has any advice I would be grateful to hear about it.

We have just booked for next year(our 25th anniversary), although it is a long way off I would be very interested to hear of your experience in St. Lucia in Dec 16 as opposed to Barbados, Tin Soldier.

In fact if anyone else has joined in St. Lucia and has any advice I would be grateful to hear about it.

I'll be sure to post a review after I come back. I posted a review of Ventura from last September. I really enjoyed writing it-it was a great way of remembering our holiday.