question about $49 deposit offer

JenP

I usually sail on Royal Caribbean, but I saw two cruises on Carnival for summer 2017 that I would like to book because they're more cost effective and include more interesting ports. When I was perusing the website, I saw there was a $49 deposit offer, but when I went back to book them after talking with my husband, the offer was gone. My question is whether these offers come along often and, if so, how regularly? I'd rather not tie up $1000 making deposits for two summer 2017 cruises before I go on my 2016 summer cruise.

$49 deposits are fairly rare, maybe a couple times a year. Sometimes it could be only to certain VIFP members.

There are typically quite a few "reduced deposit" sales, however. Anywhere from $49/person, $99/person, to 50% reduced.

Be aware that if you book at a reduced fare and there is a price drop on the cruise, you will need to make the full deposit for the fare code change, unless the drop also includes a reduced deposit.

Edited by crzndeb