Brilliance of the Seas

teach01

Cruises that are longer than 7 days and not during a school break all tend to have fewer children on board. I know of nothing that would indicate this would be an older crowd except for perhaps fewer children.

We sailed the ten-day Panama Canal cruise on Brilliance last April/May. The passengers were older and more "subdued" for want of a better word. There were children, though. They had enough to perform that adorable pirate routine at the opening of one of the shows.

I honestly do not think your children will feel out of place. The Brilliance is a beautiful ship, my husband's favorite. (I'm a Mariner of the Seas fan, myself.) There will be plenty for your children to enjoy and some of the excursions should be very interesting for them. Passing through the locks of the Panama Canal should be both educational and interesting to them.

Your children will have a wonderful and memorable time and are very fortunate to be having such an exciting experience.

Teach, with it being spring break time, I'm sure the ship will be loaded with children. As other posters have stated, the winter cruises and the longer cruises have less children. We sailed on her this past spring on her transatlantic crossing and there were few children. You will love the ship, and there will be plenty of things for you and your children to do.

Garry

My family and I sailed on her a few years back on a 10 night Circle the Carribean cruise. It is a beatuiful ship - my favourite. Our kids were about 4 and 6 at the time, there weren't many kids but they had a ball.

We particularly enjoyed the snooker tables (self levelling - so if the sea is rough you know where to lie down!) and the rock wall.

I guess I can say we are older and on your cruise. I have been told, although, I don't know from firsthand experience, that on longer cruises, and Alaska and the Panama Canal there aren't a lot of kids. I know it's the week before Easter so that there might be as many kids as the week of Easter. I love seeing young kids, as long as well behaved. (lol) I say that tongue in cheek as I have grandkids and I know they aren't always as well behaved as we would like.

You don't mention how old your children are. That could also mean a difference in your cruise. (Children's programs as opposed to teens having friends on board.)

In any event, you need to decide for yourselves. Good luck with your decision.

Katie

Those were my thoughts exactly about going on a 11 night cruise on the Brilliance...we're both under 30 and are pretty sure we're going to be outnumbered in our age group!

Not that it's a bad thing though...on our last cruise we met a lot of nice people who were much older than us (still kids at heart I suppose!).

There were a few things that we felt a little out of place with (the 'name that tune' game...there wasn't too much that we managed to get, but laughed a lot).

We're hoping the music at the nightclubs won't be too fuddy-duddy!

Hello,

WE have just returned from Oct 3rd BOS - absolutely fantastic and all ages catered for. We are 42 and 52 and met people from all ages & walks of life. Its a wonderful ship - you will really enjoy it.

Jane

Hello,

WE have just returned from Oct 3rd BOS - absolutely fantastic and all ages catered for. We are 42 and 52 and met people from all ages & walks of life. Its a wonderful ship - you will really enjoy it.

Jane

Jane, we are on the Oct 30th BOS with our 9 year old daughter. Could you tell me about how many kids were on your cruise? Thanks.

We sailed the Brilliance in Feb 05, there were all types of ages on the cruise. We will be sailing her again in about 97 days to the Panama Canal. Our expierence on the Splendour was that this was an older crowd. We are 58 & 52, I don't consider myself old, most of the people on the Splendour were in the upper 60's and older.

There were lots of things for the kids to do on the Brilliance. A couple from our Meet and Mingle had teens 11 and 16. We never saw them as the crew kept them very busy, I think the wore out the rock climbing wall.

Pixiedoodle,

Which Jan. 06 cruise are you on? We are on the Jan. 2 sailing and are a group of 18 with 7 young adults ranging in age from 19 to 27 so if this is your cruise you'll have some company!

That's exactly the cruise we're on! Good to know that we won't be alone!

:D

Archived