POAM aft cabin

joanskid

We have booked a cabin on the Pride of America for next year. It is on deck ten, and is one of the extended balonies on the very back of the ship. I read somewhere on here that there is a lot of noise from the cafe above very early in the morning. Can anyone confirm this? We are not real picky about stuff like this, but if it is really bad, we may consider changing. We have had abins on Carnival before that were both directly under the pool deck and also right above the karoke bar, and neither bother us that much. so what do you think??

Thanks!

If you had an inside cabin I would be more worried.

But with an outside balcony cabin, I wouldn't worry too much.

They do clean the cafeteria floors at night, and that requires moving chairs and tables. But that's all the noise you should hear.

Just another tidbit of information. From the outside eating area of the Aloha Cafe you are able to look down onto the balconies of the aft cabins on deck 10. Therefore they are not private -- if that matters to you!

We had an extended balcony cabin on deck 11 foreword ship (11524). Great location -- very convenient.

You will have a fabulous vacation -- very little time spent in your cabin -- so don't fret too much.

Thanks for your replies!

We have had aft balconies on Carnival before, and have really enjoyed them. It's not nearly as windy when the ship is moving. I do realize that people above can look down onto you, but I really can't imagine that anyone stands there and looks down for very long. But if they do...I don't PLAN on doing anything immoral or illegal on my deck;)

Our only problem with one in the past (and not that big of a problem) was that they washed down the pool deck above us early every morning, and the water came rushing down on our deck. We kept thinking that it was raining, every day!!

Thanks again!

We had an aft balcony on deck 10.....the balcony is a great size with 2 comfy lounge chairs and 2 reg chairs and a table.....the over hanging does not cover the entire balcony and people from the cafe can see down when you are not under it.....debris has a tendency to blow down from there too....room steward always picked it up......it is very noisy about 5am...when they move the tables and chairs around ...was kinda like an alarm clock for us....unfortunately the way they built the partitions you cannot see around them unless you are at the railing....that goes for all the aft balconies.....except the wrap arounds on the ends...we did enjoy it despite the few drawbacks..spent a lot of evenings relaxing there......actually fell asleep a few times too....my suggestion would be see if there is one available on 8 or 9 if you think these things would annoy you....if not enjoy it....the large balcony is a great plus....

NJDeb,

Thanks for your input! Our first aft balcony cabin was right below the pool deck on a Carnival ship, and we heard them putting out the deck chairs every morning. I can't imagine this would be any more noise than that was.

Do you think that the decks on 10 are larger than the ones on 9 and 8?

Thanks,

Maureen

As far as I could tell they all seemed the same size...each floor below sticks out a little further...thats just the shape of the ship....you will be able to see down into 9...9 can see into 8..etc...but when you are under the overhang nobody can see you....deck 10's overhang is a bit shorter than the other decks tho....still plenty of privacy...

Hi we had an aft balcony of poam on Sept 24 sailing. 8208 it was private and very nice to watch the world go past. I wouldnt stay with the one on the 10th floor as it is right below the aloha outdoor cafe. Lots of folks congregate up there looking over not giving you much privacy. Garbage and cigarette butts also fell even onto our balcony three decks down. The eighth floor is between two floors of cabins so no noise from chair movement etc.

Hi there -- we were a group of 5 that sailed July 12th on the Pride of America's repositioning cruise. Our cabin was 10178 and I absolutely loved the balcony. It really compensates for size of the suite which was a little less than expected. I don't remember any noise -- not even when every one was up on the Aloha deck looking at the Volcano. We had some problem with the garbage and dirt that came off of the Aloha deck but if I'm understanding the more current reviews this was a service issue that seems to have gotten better. Enjoy your cruise -- and your balcony. Its a great ship and views from your balcony will be priceless.;)

We have booked a cabin on the Pride of America for next year. It is on deck ten, and is one of the extended balonies on the very back of the ship. I read somewhere on here that there is a lot of noise from the cafe above very early in the morning. Can anyone confirm this? We are not real picky about stuff like this, but if it is really bad, we may consider changing. We have had abins on Carnival before that were both directly under the pool deck and also right above the karoke bar, and neither bother us that much. so what do you think??

Thanks!

• 11 months later...

Hoosier Gal- we have booked cabins very close to the one you were in (we booked 11512 & 11514). I have read on someone's review that there is a lot of motion at that location of the ship. Did you notice that? Do you have any pictures of your actual balcony?

We are also cosidering switching (if available) to an aft cabin. I keep thinking your view will be blocked from the back when viewing the lava flow or the Napoli coast. Can you see everything from these aft cabins? Am I crazy? We have never cruised before, so I really have no reference point at all!

Thanks,

Michelle

The balcony was much bigger (deeper) than other similar state rooms in the same category. We felt no motion in the room and my husband is prone to motion sickness.

These picture do not show the size of the veranda but will attest to the peacefulnes! The memories came flooding back when looking for these pictures!

PICT1817_1.jpg.55916b1e81408d5c2756b91a40335fa7.jpg

PICT1840_1_1.JPG.83344c4a652b1721e16edf9365b2d54b.JPG

You will be in Hawaii -- Cabin and Veranda Size really doesn't matter. You will not be spending a huge amount of time in your stateroom.

Have a Great Trip!

• 7 years later...
  • 9 months later...
Sailing in 2 days and wondered if the cabin would be big enough to take a guitar AND banjo! We have a balcony cabin on deck 10.:)

Can you take a guitar and a banjo? Yes. Should you? No. Three reasons, in order of descending importance:

1. You won't be on the ship that much. The Hawaii cruise is port and after port (there are no sea days), and you'll be off the ship all day in each port, returning just to grab some dinner and crash. Believe me, you won't have much time for playing.

2. Respect for your neighbors in the cabins around you. Sure, some may enjoy your concerts, but others may not. It's a crowded environment!

3. Why deal with the hassle of getting those two fairly fragile items onto and off of airplanes, in and out of taxis, onto and off of the ship, etc.

Just my 2 cents...

Edited by VideoTech

Sailing in 2 days and wondered if the cabin would be big enough to take a guitar AND banjo! We have a balcony cabin on deck 10.:)

Wow! You really woke up an old thread...almost 10 years old! Well, I would say you should post this on a new thread, most people won't have read all the way to the bottom.

Thanks for your replies!

We have had aft balconies on Carnival before, and have really enjoyed them. It's not nearly as windy when the ship is moving. I do realize that people above can look down onto you, but I really can't imagine that anyone stands there and looks down for very long. But if they do...I don't PLAN on doing anything immoral or illegal on my deck;)

Our only problem with one in the past (and not that big of a problem) was that they washed down the pool deck above us early every morning, and the water came rushing down on our deck. We kept thinking that it was raining, every day!!

Thanks again!

We have done this cruise six times and all in aft cabins, our ideal location is deck 9 because you have a floor of cabins between you and the Aloha Cafe

and because we book balcony we avoid deck 8 because the moving ladder for washing outside of ship,balconies is parked right at the end of one of them as you can see in pic. Its also a great location id there is lava flow as you will be able to see it from the aft as well as 180 degree view all around you.

JUST REALIZED OLD POST.

cruiseship_prideofamerica5.jpg.c0a8f46a6f0f378395875d2ad1d97f03.jpg

Edited by Ilovesailing