Cloud 9 Spa Balcony

nsullivan

Your view will be a bit different - and likely a smaller balcony.

But what matters most - will you use the Thalassotherapy pool and the heated tiles and rooms? If the answer is yes - go get the Spa category. Otherwise - it's a balcony cabin plain and simple.

My wife and I really do prefer the spa category now because we do find ourselves in the spa quite often, so it's worth it to us. If it works for you that is really the question you have to ask.

Good luck choosing...

Thanks. I loved the aft balcony because it was so big. But I really want the Cloud 9 access. I was also thinking about getting the aft balcony room and then just paying extra for a week long Spa pass. I think they are like $169. But I had read somewhere that the passes sell out quickly.

Thanks. I loved the aft balcony because it was so big. But I really want the Cloud 9 access. I was also thinking about getting the aft balcony room and then just paying extra for a week long Spa pass. I think they are like $169. But I had read somewhere that the passes sell out quickly.

If you want the spa access, get a spa balcony (or other spa cabin), it's right there, you don't have to hike up or over to the Spa and as you have noted the passes may be available or they may not. I think if you go right to the Spa after boarding you will likely procure one. but there is always a risk you won't.

That said we often strolled to the Spa in our robes and a short walk to the semi-private :p (actually its not but it feels like it) elevator in a robe and slippers is OK but if I had to traverse the whole of the ship and or hike up 10 decks...no thanks! :cool: Nobody needs to see that!

It is totally going to depend on your personal preference of either bigger balcony/aft view or regular balcony with spa amenities. We've had spa rooms on both the Breeze and Dream and rarely used the spa. The first time on the Dream my dh used it once and this time on the Breeze he didn't use it at all and I only went once. So our preference going forward will be the bigger balcony.

Funny you ask this because we're cruising on the Breeze this Sunday and went with an Aft Wrap Balcony This time. Our past 2 cruises on the Breeze we had a Cloud 9 Balcony spa cabin and loved it. Either 12 or 11 were great decks (not to mention love the smell of the Spa decks, and the quietness) Motion doesn't bother us and I did make sure we got a higher deck , which is 8. I'll have to let you know what I think! But As far as using the Spa, we did a couple of times , but not enough for us to get a package this cruise. Either way I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

We're booked for our 5th spa balcony cabin (3x Splendor 2x Magic) we have a daily spa ritual and LOVE the spa. We love how quiet the cabin zone is and the decor of the cabins is a little more zen. We have always been on deck 11 and never felt excess motion.

Since you've tried the other why not try something else? They're not on all the ships so that might be a consideration as well.

Our first time our TA upgraded us as a gift and we thought "whatever" - HA! That has turned into "what ship has Cloud9?!? :p

Done two C9SB cabins, one on Magic and one on Dream. I too now look only for ships with C9. My next question is how close is the Serenity Deck?

Between spending time in the spa and serenity deck it's like having your own private yacht.

If you book the correct location you can find the "hidden" doors into the spa and fitness area without going out into the main hallway in your robe.

Also, as stated the C9 spa balcony cabins themselves are just balcony cabins in a great location.

On the Dream, DW found an unmarked door at the end of our hallway that went in a side hallway to the spa. She would use that entrance to get to the spa showers and use them instead of the minuscule shower in the cabin.

I liked the spa access set up on the Magic a little better than the Dream (hopefully they have changed it). On the Dream we had to wear our white bracelet and swap our door card at spa reception for a white C9 card to access the spa area. On the Magic our door card was already programmed to allow us into the spa area. We still had to wear our C9 bracelet, but didn't have to swap cards. See, there are interior doors inside the spa that will only open if you have the correct door card.

I liked the location a little better on the Dream being in 12205 we could access the unmarked door at the bow end of the hallway (it's not shown on the deck plans). On the Magic we had 12014 and door at the end of the hallway took you into the fitness center and you had to find your way around to the glass elevator and go up to the spa.

The Dream cabin had little overhang for shade on the balcony, but depending on the time of day and direction of the sun it was still enough. Also I would move forward a few cabins from 12205. In 12205 people at the railing above can look down on you a little (they can really only see your toes on the railing), but you can hear conversations above upon sail away.

If you move forward a few cabins there is a glass partition along the railing above so they can't really stand above you. Again, not a real issue except for a few minutes during sail away.

I'll have to talk to my friend about what she thinks. And look at the location. I think I would use the spa a lot. And I checked the rates and it's only $50 more a person for the cloud 9 from the aft balcony room. I think my friend would use the spa too. So that may be a good choice for us.

Just got off the Splendor this past Sunday (4/10). Me and my sisters booked a Spa Balcony room steps away from the Spa entrance. I used the Spa every single day, I loved it :)

I've had regular rooms before and would buy the spa package, but this did not compare. So much better being close to the spa.

Have fun :)

What is the correct spa etiquette? F.i. when going to the Thalasso therapy pool from your Cloud 9 cabin.... do you put on your bathing suit and your robe and go?

Is there a place to hang your robe?

And in the therapy rooms? Swim suit?

There are hangers and lockers. Yes, i put my swim suit on in my cabin and throw on a robe. The only thing i did not like was the open showers. Showering in a bathing suit was weird, but the showers were awesome

I wore a swim suit into the thalassotherapy pool and steam rooms. I draped my robe nearby or hung it on a hook.

I also showered in the regular, private showers in the locker room. I have a nice set of loungewear that I put on after I dried my hair and did my makeup and walked back to the cabin wearing that with my bathrobe.

No biggie walking around in the Cloud 9 robe :)

Thank y'all. We decided to do the spa balcony.

We have ATD and find if we head to the spa around 4 it's pretty much ours as many are getting ready for dinner/evening events - but we've never been when it's "crowded"

Let us know your thoughts when you come back.

• 2 years later...