Jade Venice -- How Long Can We Stay on Board? Where?

Regguy

We are due to arrive in Venice at 8:00 a.m. We have a later flight that day, and would like to linger a bit. Where are we allowed to be, and what time should we expect they will start shooing us out?

They start really trying to get rid of you from about 9, and you won't make it to 10.

When we were in Venice on the Jade, we were in no rush and hung around at Bar Central (or whatever it's called). We got off at about 9.45 from memory.

We are due to arrive in Venice at 8:00 a.m. We have a later flight that day, and would like to linger a bit. Where are we allowed to be, and what time should we expect they will start shooing us out?

they want you out of cabin by 8.30 so the stewards can begin cleaning for next guests

you can try and hang out in public areas but as Keith says by 10 then will be encouraging you off!

I'd look into a tour that will take care of your luggage while you sightsee and drop you off at the airport later

anywhere else but Venice that would be easy!

there is a left luggage facility at P Roma so you could drop off bags and explore Venice on foot for a few hours

Thanks. Ok, that's not too bad. I think we'll take the people mover and leave our luggage at Piazzale Roma and explore a little bit on our own. The NCL last day excursion is kind of expensive, and we miss the cutoff by 15 minutes anyway. I think if we leave our luggage and do some exploring, it shouldn't be too hard to make our way back and take the direct airport bus. Thanks very much for the replies!

There is a left luggage place that will transport your luggage to the airport for you in Plaza Roma. That way you don't have to go back and pick up your luggage before going to the airport. Ask for your luggage to be delivered a little earlier than you expect, just in case you are early. We ended up waiting about 20 minutes before it got to the airport. We were just earlier than we expected to be, it was not a problem.

So, after we dropped the luggage, we started wandering around near Plaza Roma and caught the water bus after a nice lunch. We even left our carry-ons with them and had no problems at all. It was a little hole in the wall place, but worked great.

Vic

As I recall it was just a couple Euro per bag more, certainly not more than 5.

We visited the Scuolo Grande di San Roco after leaving the ship. We spent 5 days in Venice before we left and have been there several times before. This was an amazing collection of Tintoretto art. The carved wood was also incredible. My photos don't do it justice. The church associated with the school is also wonderful. If you have time I highly recommend them. They are off the beaten track and not crowded. They were included in the pass we bought for entry to churches and museums.

I'm jealous, not for the cruise (so much) but for Venice!

Vic

• 2 weeks later...
There is a left luggage place that will transport your luggage to the airport for you in Plaza Roma. That way you don't have to go back and pick up your luggage before going to the airport. Ask for your luggage to be delivered a little earlier than you expect, just in case you are early. We ended up waiting about 20 minutes before it got to the airport. We were just earlier than we expected to be, it was not a problem.

So, after we dropped the luggage, we started wandering around near Plaza Roma and caught the water bus after a nice lunch. We even left our carry-ons with them and had no problems at all. It was a little hole in the wall place, but worked great.

Vic

Do you happen to know if this is to Trevisio as well? I have about 6-7 hours from disembarking until I have to be at the airport so this would be amazing