Blue Hole Jamaica

We went to Blue Hole last year and had a great time! The ride there was beautiful. We had six people and took a van we grabbed at the port. We did not book ahead but there were plenty of vans willing to take you anywhere. The lagoons and cliffs were gorgeous and had many levels you can jump from. It is a very physical excursion! They have drinks and snacks you can buy. The hosts doing jumps were friendly and talented.

We also did Blue Hole last year and used Liberty Tours, highly recommend the company, very professional and great communication prior to the excursion - we knew exactly what to expect, how to find our driver, what the cost would be, tipping expectations for the guides at Blue Hole, etc.

We used Winston Gayle of Tour Jamaica Today for our Blue Hole trip and Scotchies for lunch. Safe driver, which was important with kiddos in the van. I wanted a private tour since I didn't want to be on anyone else's agenda. He wasn't pushy with suggestions or shopping. Very responsive to email and gave detailed directions how to meet. Blue Hole was fun but not a "secret" especially with 4+ ships in port. However, I'm really glad we tried it.

We went with Peat Taylor from Ocho last year - fantastic. Did river tubing after that. Some friends just went with Peat from Falmouth a few weeks ago and also had a great day.

I also booked with Peat Taylor back in 2010 for Blue Hole. Unfortunately there was a storm when we went, everything got flooded, so we couldn't go. Peat's son picked us up and drove us around Ocho to see the sights and then took us out for lunch. He was very professional and informative. Would have liked to do Blue Hole but had a good time none the less.

I also booked with Peat Taylor back in 2010 for Blue Hole. Unfortunately there was a storm when we went, everything got flooded, so we couldn't go. Peat's son picked us up and drove us around Ocho to see the sights and then took us out for lunch. He was very professional and informative. Would have liked to do Blue Hole but had a good time none the less.

The day we did Blue Hole and tubing last spring it rained ALL DAY (no storms). We were getting wet anyway and it was warm so we just went with it and enjoyed:p

We did the Dunns River Falls AND the Blue Hole in the same day with Liberty Tours November 2015. We were very impressed with Liberty Tours Jamaica, and I had the best experience booking and planning with Ricardo. BTW the blue hole was SO much better than Dunns River Falls.

Did the Blue Hole with Peat Taylor. I have done so many tours with him and he is fabulous. This time, it was his son that took us around. At the Blue Hole, he found a great guide for us as i was worried about my ability to do the jumps. My teen loved all of the jumps but i opted out of a few!

We were then taken shopping which i had requested and driven back to port. An amazing day.

The day we did Blue Hole and tubing last spring it rained ALL DAY (no storms). We were getting wet anyway and it was warm so we just went with it and enjoyed:p

Awww I wish it had been like that for us but alas. There was a tropical storm nearby which didn't create severe weather but did flood the river, so it wasn't safe to go. :(

That same trip we also missed our stop in Grand Cayman [emoji30][emoji30][emoji30] The cost of cruising the Caribbean in September! Had a great time anyway.

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

so I am curious, what did you do with your passport and ID while you were at the blue hole and tubing down the river. I am debating on buying a waterproof bag.

Left passports and ID in the van (felt very safe leaving it there),but did bring a waterproof pouch for tip money for the guides.