Little French Key or Tabyana Beach?

NCteacherlovescruising

They are very different experiences though what you can do at both is similar.

Same:

-You can lay out on the beach at both

-You can swim in nice water at both

-You can use showers and bathrooms at both

-You can walk around quite a bit at both

Different:

-Since you are on Norwegian you will arrive Coxen Hole, so Tabyana will be closer for you to get to than LFK

-Tabyana is a bus ride, LFK is a bus ride and then go over on a boat

-Tabyana is part of West Bay Beach so it is a super long natural white sand beach (the beach we are famous for) whereas LFK is an island and the beach is not the same, there are some nice beach areas on LFK but it is not quite the same

-There is much better snorkeling easily available off Tabyana than LFK where you could theoretically just swim out and snorkel but to actually see real reef and sea life you would probably need to do their "tour" or go out by boat out further

-LFK has animals- a little zoo type thing where you can see a rescued Lion, some lion cubs, birds, pumas, monkeys, etc. Tabyana does not have any of that.

-Tabyana is on West Bay Beach which is long and covered with resorts so you can walk around that area whereas LFK is self contained because it is an island.

-LFK has a lot of different little areas and vignettes so you can be in the bustling area where everyone is hanging out, listening to music, etc. or where people are all swimming or paddle boarding or you can walk around and find a more quiet spot.

-LFK is a little more diverse in terms of the landscape- there are open bars, bars you sit in the water, covered areas to eat, areas in the sun to sit, a pizza oven, different food options, different areas where you can get in the water, etc. whereas Tabyana is a more traditional caribbean beach experience.

To be clear, I have posted this on other threads, Tabyana is just a name. It is not an actual beach. Beaches in Honduras are public, all beaches! Tabyana is simple the name for the area of property behind the tree line at that PART of West Bay Beach. The beach you will swim from is West Bay Beach, just like people with day passes at Infinity Bay, Mayan Princess, Bananarama, etc. They are all ON West Bay Beach and that is the name of the beach. Tabyaba is just a name they use for cruise ship excursions for that private property behind the beach where their facilities are.

So, in the end, the experiences are different. If you want the amazing traditional Caribbean white sand beach that stretches for ages and has great snorkeling right off shore, West Bay beach is the place. If you want a more varied experience with lots of little different things to do and places to check out, LFK is the place. Let me know if you have questions.

Heaps of good info above!

I think using the phrase "super long" in description if West Bay a bit misleading. The beach is less than a mile.

If one compares to say Seven Mile beach...not so much super long, though when comparing to LFK...West Bay beach is longer.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Out of 10 cruises, I must say Little French Key was my favorite place to visit!

I paid for the VIP package and I was taken care of like a princess. Private waiter, horseback riding in the ocean, snorkeling on a boat, 30 minute massage, lobster lunch that was amazing. A little piece of heaven in the middle of Isla Roatan. I didn't want to leave! Waylon, my waiter was amazing and Melissa the restaurant manager was awesome! Highly recommended!

Out of 10 cruises, I must say Little French Key was my favorite place to visit!

I paid for the VIP package and I was taken care of like a princess. Private waiter, horseback riding in the ocean, snorkeling on a boat, 30 minute massage, lobster lunch that was amazing. A little piece of heaven in the middle of Isla Roatan. I didn't want to leave! Waylon, my waiter was amazing and Melissa the restaurant manager was awesome! Highly recommended!

I'm sure we would like to this too! If we hadn't already booked Tabyana, I think I would change it. But since we have, I'm not sure it's worth the hassle of calling NCL to cancel. It will give us a reason to go back. [emoji6]