First time Celebrity cruiser

Miss M

Hi,

Can anyone please advise me. I am looking to book summer cruise for 2017 on the Eclipse. We have been offered the 'classic ' drinks package in the price. I have looked into this and not all the reviews are positive. The water is non branded, coffees not full selection and wines capped at $8 per glass :confused:. Is it worth it? Also any tips on cabins on deck 9 would be appreciated.

Thank you

Miss M

The classic beverage package is the best choice value wise for the go big pricing. For $11.80 USD, per person per day, you can upgrade to the premium. All water, including sparkling; coffees, including alcohol versions; and wines by the glass up to $13.00. If you go over the $13 limit you only pay the difference. With the classic package you pay the full price.

Deck 9 is a good choice for cabins because there are cabins above and below you. The 1A's on the hump have bigger balconies.

Is it worth it, YES IMO. Many people are very happy with the selections that they receive in the Classic drink package. It's basically a $454.30/pp (for a 7 day cruise) value for the classic package that's included. That is more than any of the other perk offered.

If the name brand waters and higher wines are of value to you, you can choose to upgrade to the Premium for the difference. I did that on all my cruises for $82.60 (7 days) and still think it's a value as if I want just 1 martini a day it pays for itself.

The real questions you need to ask are:

(1) what kind of drinks do i plan to have? (with or without a package)

(2) how many of those drinks do i plan to have?

If you are happy with ice tea and maybe only one drink a day, you might opt for a different perk, like an OBC.

If you are ONLY happy drinking premium liquors, and plan to sample 3-4 different martinis/cocktails every day, and you prefer higher-end wines with dinner...then accept the Classic package and immediately upgrade once you get on board.

If you fall somewhere in the middle and are generally happy with well drinks, domestic beer, and don't mind only having 1-2 choices of "house" wines by the glass at dinner, then you will LOVE the Classic package and not having to worry about the cost, quantity, and gratuities.

Shorter answer - if you plan to consume alcohol, take the perk. Upgrade later if you want.

Deck 9 The card room, any room of the outer Hump 92** simply look at a plan. If you take the inner of the Hump the view is still awesome, but on the outer it's breath taking. Is it a bigger room no, it's just the same as others but the balcony view.

The drink, we had Coffee each and every day the special coffee drinks, water, is water. For us it was well worth the cost and if we wanted to OBC 10.00 more for an upgrade, that be our choice.

Port or Starboard either side is good Mid ship

Enjoy