Your time dining with a group of 9?

BAV2005

We are going on the Breeze in September with a group of 9 including a 16 month old and a 4 year old. We decided to do YTD but now I am second guessing myself. Will it be an issue to get a table in a timely manner? Having two little ones waiting 45 min for a table and then sitting for a 2 hour dinner is a whole lot to ask of them! We would probably go about 7 or 7:30 on most nights maybe as early as 6:30. Any input would be much appreciated!

With a group that size, I'd take scheduled dining -- Early or Late seating. That way you know that your table is there, waiting for you every night.

One of my least-favorite things about YTD with a group is that you have to check with everyone, every single day, to figure out dinner. "Who wants to go early? Who wants to go late? Well, let me call & get a reservation. Guess what? They can't take us until blah-blah-blah..." That's entirely too much work!!!

One alternative to the above scenario with YTD would be for one of you to make the reservations every night, without asking the others, but then you still have to communicate to everyone what time dinner is. Again, too much effort!

Just go for a 6:00pm fixed dining time and be done with it.

But that's just me. Good luck!

On Dream in March, it was just hubby and I, and 2 nights we waited over 30 minutes for a table. With a group that big, I'd do the assigned time.

Plus, lets be honest, trying to get that many people together is going to be rough. If you have an assigned time, it will make coordinating easier.

Also, for the older child...

When we traveled with our kids several times, we asked for the kids meals with our appetizers. Then, at 7:00 when the kids club opens back up, one of us would take the kiddos up to the kids club so they could run around. Usually, it ended up being in between appetizers and entrees for us.

Edited by luvsviola

With a group that size, I'd take scheduled dining -- Early or Late seating. That way you know that your table is there, waiting for you every night.

One of my least-favorite things about YTD with a group is that you have to check with everyone, every single day, to figure out dinner. "Who wants to go early? Who wants to go late? Well, let me call & get a reservation. Guess what? They can't take us until blah-blah-blah..." That's entirely too much work!!!

One alternative to the above scenario with YTD would be for one of you to make the reservations every night, without asking the others, but then you still have to communicate to everyone what time dinner is. Again, too much effort!

Just go for a 6:00pm fixed dining time and be done with it.

But that's just me. Good luck!

No reservations on Carnival.

For parties larger than 4, assigned dining is easiest.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

On Dream in March, it was just hubby and I, and 2 nights we waited over 30 minutes for a table. With a group that big, I'd do the assigned time.

Plus, lets be honest, trying to get that many people together is going to be rough. If you have an assigned time, it will make coordinating easier.

Yes, lets me honest. We've cruised twice on the Breeze with groups of 10 and 11, not rough at all to coordinate YTD times....at start of cruise, we suggested meeting at the atrium lounge, something like 7-7:15, would hit the DR about 7:30, worked fine for us on both cruises, no crazy waits for tables, no crazy dining durations, all of us showed by that time, or none of us showed, whoever was there, we moved along.

Also, for the older child...

When we traveled with our kids several times, we asked for the kids meals with our appetizers. Then, at 7:00 when the kids club opens back up, one of us would take the kiddos up to the kids club so they could run around. Usually, it ended up being in between appetizers and entrees for us.

This is an excellent idea. On the subject of dining with a large group, we also are a group of 9, the youngest being 4 years old. We were initially assigned early dining, but after much discussion, decided to switch to YTD. The primary reason was that with fixed dining, everyone HAS to eat at the same time. Switching to YTD also gives the adult couples a chance to have dinner for 2 any night in the MDR without having to go to a specialty restaurant and paying extra. We do anticipate that we may have a wait on those nights that we all do dine together, so will plan accordingly, and will probably go down early so we can get our name on the list when they open the dining room that evening.