New Years Eve Ft.Lauderdale

Roxxy

Hi There,

Can anyone recommend a place to go for 2 couples (late 40's) on NYE?

We will be staying at the Crowne Plaza, but that doesn't really matter as we will be taking a cab to where ever we go.

A nice dinner (approx. $50) and maybe some live entertainment until midnight would be great.

Maybe Los Olas Blvd?

Hi There,

We will be staying at the Crowne Plaza, but that doesn't really matter as we will be taking a cab to where ever we go.

A nice dinner (approx. $50) and maybe some live entertainment until midnight would be great.

Maybe Los Olas Blvd?

Definitely Las Olas. Choose a place and make a reservation well in advance.

Edited by brunello22

Definitely Las Olas. Choose a place and make a reservation well in advance.

That is what I was looking for a recommendation on a restaurant that has live entertainment Las Olas Blvd.

The only place that I can think of that has a live band and dancing every night on Las Olas is at Mangos. Yolo's O Lounge and Vibe have a DJ. Sometimes Timpano has a jazz ensemble. However, I'm not sure if other restaurants will have anything special planned for NYE.

Maybe make a dinner reservation at Lobster Bar and then walk around Las Olas to see what's going on. Have a quiet dinner first, otherwise you cannot have a conversation anywhere once the music or DJ are going. Also, many restaurants raise their prices on NYE ("special" menus).

Downtown (Himmarshee/2nd Street) has a bunch of bars with live bands, but the crowd is much younger later in the evening once the happy hour/business crowd leaves.

Edited by brunello22

Dining on Las Olas, with the exception of Cheesecake Factory will probably run you about $50 per person with a drink or two, before tip.

The Riverside Hotel restaurant usually has live music and it is nice sitting on the street people watching.

Make a reservation.

Blue Martini would be great and I think it is $50 per person just to get a table. Last year for an outside table for four it was $250. Nothing included.

Good Las Olas restaurants:

Lobster Bar

Big City Tavern

Timpanos

Louie Bossi

Sweet Nectar

Johnny Vs

Grill Republic

Roccos Tacos

I agree Downtown Himmarshee will be fun. They'll have the streets closed down.

The Anchor Drop at midnight also happens right there.

Hi There,

Maybe Los Olas Blvd?

What I didn't mention in my earlier post is that Lauderdale by the Sea (north of Fort Lauderdale Beach) has a large celebration in the town center. A couple of the streets are closed to traffic and there are usually two stages set up for live bands. There is a ball drop at the Village Grille and Aruba Cafe has a live band or singers nightly - great dancing fun!

There are several restaurants in the area. Many will offer special menus (pricey for NYE), but some won't inflate their prices like Reel Ceviche or Basilic Vietnamese. A nice evening is to have a great meal at Blue Moon Fish Company (Intracoastal Waterway - will be more than $50) and then walk over to the celebration (four blocks).

Edited by brunello22