Xcellerate speculation

manlie

Hello,

We will be on the Reflection (10 day Greece/Italy) mid August and the current unlimited internet package price is $389. On another thread it was mentioned that waiting to buy on board it may go up further or this package be eliminated with the new system. People that have expertise in this area, do you think it could possibly get more expensive? I am debating if I should buy now or wait until on board and see if I absolutely need it.

I should mention my 'need' for it is that it is just my 6 yr old daughter and myself so I imagine we will be in our cabin most evenings and she will be away from her daddy for almost 3 weeks and want to 'chat' with him.

Looks to me like it has gotten cheaper. I paid $199 for a 7 day cruise for original Unlimited Internet package and the rates for Xcellerate unlimited for a 7 day cruise are $140.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And if you have Captain's Club status then you get 10% off the $140 as well for a 7 night cruise.

It worked very well for us & you can have 3 devices on the plan but only one will work at a time.

They've announced to have this rolled out fleet wide by the end of May so you should have it on your cruise. I think the Reflection is already upgraded in fact. Happy sailing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by SetU2

On a recent 7 day cruise on Reflection, it was $105 for Unlimited Internet and $49 more for the Xcellerate Unlimited. Be advised that on sea days, it was quite slow. It worked much, much better in port.

Once the new system is installed and fully operational apparently theyb laminate the option to choose between "regular" and "high speed". It's all hi speed from then on. At least this is the case currently on the Eclipse......it's now high speed only. The ILounge staff said that they expect this to be so fleet wide once it's all completely installed.

I will want high speed, it's the price I am concerned about. I really hope it doesn't get any more expensive :eek:

There is a difference between high speed at home and high speed on a ship. There were many frustrated cruisers who expected true high speed aboard.