OBC help

Luv my furbaby

Just a recommendation - be sure to go far enough into the booking process before assuming you have to pony up a credit card. When I went to book an excursion for March 2018, I saw the dreaded "pay now to reserve" button and was expecting to have to do so, however when I clicked on the link to do so it automatically defaulted to applying OBC as payment.

Can you provide a screenshot of this?

There have been a couple of comments here on CC in the past several months have said that they thought their excursions were saved without paying but the res disappeared before boarding.

Keith, Don't have a screen shot, but that is the way it worked. When you click pay now, and assuming you have the OBC, the computer goes to a page showing the cost of the excursion deducted from OBC. You then can uncheck the 'apply OBC' option if you choose to pay in another way, but the default payment is OBC. And to do that, you just click continue, and then get to page showing the excursions as 'Paid'. Not just reserved, but paid.

Keith, Don't have a screen shot, but that is the way it worked. When you click pay now, and assuming you have the OBC, the computer goes to a page showing the cost of the excursion deducted from OBC. You then can uncheck the 'apply OBC' option if you choose to pay in another way, but the default payment is OBC. And to do that, you just click continue, and then get to page showing the excursions as 'Paid'. Not just reserved, but paid.

Thanks. I just tried making an excursion booking for our Sept Med cruise on the Royal.

Can't find any mention of OBC. (however I know it will be used charging these tours without pre paying.)

I get this which was not there last week.

Pay Before You Sail, Or Pay Later Onboard

You have the option to pay for shore excursions in advance of your cruise. If you wait, we will add the charges to your onboard account which is settled at the end of the cruise.

Thanks. I just tried making an excursion booking for our Sept Med cruise on the Royal.

Can't find any mention of OBC. (however I know it will be used charging these tours without pre paying.)

I get this which was not there last week.

Pay Before You Sail, Or Pay Later Onboard

You have the option to pay for shore excursions in advance of your cruise. If you wait, we will add the charges to your onboard account which is settled at the end of the cruise.

That's what I see for our Royal TA in October so apparently the changes have not affected the Royal yet. We booked our tours months ago & will use OBC during the cruise to pay for them.