Family Room For Four On Oasis

Ok, it's the middle of the night and I'm poking around the RCCL site. Looking at next June 2017, on Oasis for a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 teens).

However, even when I enter in "four adults" into the tab at the top, everything it shows me only says "occupancy: up to 2 guests". Looking at balconies.

Am I missing something here, is the entire ship sold out of rooms that accommodate four in June? If there aren't any rooms for four, why isn't the site telling me that? I feel like even though it says "up to two" it would accommodate four, since I can click and move onto the page that lets me enter four names.

On DCL, this is easy, but I'm not getting it here.

Thx!

Once you have priced out a balcony room for 4, check out the price of getting two rooms...one balcony and an inside across the hall for your teens. You may be surprised at how little it costs (Sometimes even cheaper) to get two rooms instead of one. More privacy, space and a second bathroom.

Hello, we are a family of 4 and wanted the same. Spoke to an RCCL agent who informed us those rooms are held for parties of 5 or more.

Right now, for our AUG sailing they are still unsold and available however not to our family of 4. She put us on a waitinglist that in case they go unsold, RCCL will open them up to smaller groups. She said this usually happens 2 or even 1 month before the sailing.

On our last cruise we were able to do this change to a Family Oceanview just 1 week before the cruise and we were only 3 at that time, we were on deck 2 and have to say the extra space is quite nice with little ones.

'Family' staterooms can only be booked by calling directly or using a TA and have minimum occupancy requirement of FIVE. only after final payment date has passed are they released for anyone to book.

that being said, if you list 4 on your booking request you will only be shown open cabins that will handle 4.

BUT if life boat capacity for a section has been reached, even cabins that can handle four will only be allowed to book 2.

it may be easier, and cheaper, to book 2 cabins. the teens can be in a room across the hall or 1-2 doors down.

Hello, we are a family of 4 and wanted the same. Spoke to an RCCL agent who informed us those rooms are held for parties of 5 or more.

Which rooms are held?

Thanks for the answers. The two room thing is interesting. Two balconies of 2 people was more expensive, but an inner room I'll have to look at.

Once you have priced out a balcony room for 4, check out the price of getting two rooms...one balcony and an inside across the hall for your teens. You may be surprised at how little it costs (Sometimes even cheaper) to get two rooms instead of one. More privacy, space and a second bathroom.

I'd like to add to this. My kids are a bit younger, at 6 and 8. We had adjoining oceanview balcony rooms. A door is opened between the two rooms and can be on balconies also. It gave us more room to move about, 2 bathrooms, and 2 TVs for those downtime moments. And close proximity to the kids who are not old enough to be on their own.

Edited to add...that when we priced out a larger room vs 2 balconies, it was cheaper.

Edited by whirlygal

Which rooms are held?

The FO (Family Ocean View) category and other similar Family rooms are held for groups of 5 or more. Usually around final payment day or within 1-2 months of the cruise the agent told me they are opened up to anyone wanting to book.

They told us they added us to a wait list for that category, should it open up to groups smaller than 5 someone from RCCL would get in contact with us to see if we want to book it. Anyone have any experience with this "waiting list" and if it really exists, or, was it just something the agent told us so we feel a bit better?

Anyone have any experience with this "waiting list" and if it really exists, or, was it just something the agent told us so we feel a bit better?

they exist but you are not going to get a pricing deal and if there are others on the list ahead of you chances are it will still get snagged before your name comes up

'Family' staterooms can only be booked by calling directly or using a TA and have minimum occupancy requirement of FIVE. only after final payment date has passed are they released for anyone to book.

that being said, if you list 4 on your booking request you will only be shown open cabins that will handle 4.

BUT if life boat capacity for a section has been reached, even cabins that can handle four will only be allowed to book 2.

it may be easier, and cheaper, to book 2 cabins. the teens can be in a room across the hall or 1-2 doors down.

I kept doing mock bookings for price changes for the 3 of us and at 60 days out all the family suites showed up online. I did have to call to get it, though, since I already had a cabin booked. I assume that since it showed up online while doing the mock booking, I could have actually booked it that way. And my booking request was for 3.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app