Anniversary trip: Mexico Riviera or Caribbean?

laststop

Hello, my wife and I are beginning the planning for our 15th anniversary trip next year and we're considering another cruise, but I'm interested in input to help decide. I've looked at a Western Caribbean cruise on the Vista or Conquest but also looking at a Mexican Riviera cruise on the Miracle.

We've been to Cozumel but not Ocho Rios nor Grand Cayman. But we've never been to Cabo or PV. So, I'm interested in opinions/info that might help us decide which would be better for beach days/relaxing and even info on the ships themselves.

Thanks so much for any help. :-)

Jon

Edited by laststop

I like Caribbean beaches better than the beaches in Mexico. Water is clearer and warmer and there is just something about the Caribbean that just makes me smile. We have done the Mexican Riviera twice and the Exotic Mexican Riviera onces. We love Mexico - but for relaxing beaches we will take the Caribbean every time! :)

Hello, my wife and I are beginning the planning for our 15th anniversary trip next year and we're considering another cruise, but I'm interested in input to help decide. I've looked at a Western Caribbean cruise on the Vista or Conquest but also looking at a Mexican Riviera cruise on the Miracle.

We've been to Cozumel but not Ocho Rios nor Grand Cayman. But we've never been to Cabo or PV. So, I'm interested in opinions/info that might help us decide which would be better for beach days/relaxing and even info on the ships themselves.

Thanks so much for any help. :-)

Jon

Mexican Riviera is certainly not my favorite itinerary. It is COLD the first full day out and the last full day in.

The beaches look dirty and the water is brown.

Whenever you have a choice, go with the Caribbean.

Beach days do the Caribbean. Just to walk around then the MR. It just feels safer than the Caribbean.

Vista is the newest ship. Miracle is one of the well loved Spirit class ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We love Cabo, PV and Mazatlan but If you are looking for beach days, the Caribbean is much better. The MR can be a fantastic cruise, but the lack of great beaches is a downer. If you are looking at the Miracle which does an overnight in PV, that is a plus. Great nightlife.

Vista is a brand new ship with all the bells and whistles that Carnival has to offer, but more passengers. We were just on the Miracle and really liked the layout. Never sailed the Conquest.

Mexican Riviera was my first cruise, so it holds a special place in my heart. We had a fabulous time, but would I do it again? Probably not. Would I do the Western Caribbean again, absolutely!

We do Mexican Riviera because it's an easy drive to the embarkation port. There are things that we really like about the itinerary. The water can be beautiful and warm in Puerto Vallarta and Mazatlan depending on where you go. The first and last day are not always cold (depending on the time of year you sail). We love cruising, so we'll take it, but as others have said, given the choice, hands down we'd choose Caribbean.