Drink Menus - what is actually available?

Sailing on Allure May 15 and have debated the drink package way too much. Did not purchase, but the 20% discount is tempting. A little background - will be sailing with DH and we enjoy wine. Will most likely purchase a bottle with dinner and will visit Vintages probably daily. My question is - the package descriptions say "up to $12". What quality of wine is offered above/below the $12 price point? Not a wine snob, but don't want to drink swill all week. Does anyone have a drink menu that shows the wine offerings? Thanks for any help. BTW this is my first post, but have learned so much from reading all other "expert" posts.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Here is a recent wine list from the Main Dining Room:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=49238603&postcount=13

It's not the same as the Vintages wine list, but it will give you an idea of what you can get for $12.[/font]

Edited by clarea

that's $12 per glass btw if that wasn't clear

and IME you can order 'better' and pay the difference . . . order a $13 glass and get charged $1 (plus the prorated tip)

the major limitation is what's AVAILABLE by the glass, vs buying a bottle.

I'm glad I clicked on this post. I never had a drink package before and didn't realize the limitations on glasses! Does that vary from place to place or is it pretty consistent?

If a particular wine is offered at different venues, then it will be the same price. However, it's common for each venue to have a different wine list.

Since Royal dosent offer bottle service and running to the bar for glasses of wine is a PIA how much are and could you just buy the singles in the buffet and keep a few in the mini fridge.

Edited by aprime23