Theme nights Ventura

MARIANH

Does anyone know what theme nights are planned for Ventura Canaries 14 day cruise leaving Southampton 22 April 2016?

P&O says they could be - 70/80's, black and white and Tropical. These in addition to four formal ( black tie ) nights.

Is it usual on 14 day P&O cruises to have all three additional theme nights?

Many thanks.

Black and White is one of the 4 Formal Evenings so men wearing DJs and women wearing some form of Black and White - often a black outfit with white pashmina or a white flower. Some women will not abide by this but in my experience they do tend to stand out but if they don't mind this then fine. This usually the Gala Evening when the Gala Menu includes things like Beef Wellington, Lobster etc.

I would expect there to be a Tropical Night - casual. Many men tend to wear the Caribbean/Hawaiian sort of shirts - they do sell them on board but my husband's came from ebay. Women wear brightly coloured outfits - I usually wear white trousers with a bright pink top - haven't seen any grass skirts! We have only had 60s/70s night not seen an 80s/90s. However, very few people bother about this one, have seen the occasional outfit but not many. There will be a disco on deck - weather allowing.

Hope this helps.

Black and White is one of the 4 Formal Evenings so men wearing DJs and women wearing some form of Black and White - often a black outfit with white pashmina or a white flower. Some women will not abide by this but in my experience they do tend to stand out but if they don't mind this then fine. This usually the Gala Evening when the Gala Menu includes things like Beef Wellington, Lobster etc.

I would expect there to be a Tropical Night - casual. Many men tend to wear the Caribbean/Hawaiian sort of shirts - they do sell them on board but my husband's came from ebay. Women wear brightly coloured outfits - I usually wear white trousers with a bright pink top - haven't seen any grass skirts! We have only had 60s/70s night not seen an 80s/90s. However, very few people bother about this one, have seen the occasional outfit but not many. There will be a disco on deck - weather allowing.

Hope this helps.

Yes it does - many thanks. Glad to hear not too many dress up for the disco night as having retrieved my 70's gear from the loft ,inexplicably all the clothes ( especially trousers) seem to have shrunk. Or perhaps.....

P&O can't seem to make up their minds. There was a rumour, or more than a rumour, last autumn that they were dropping the tropical themed night and certainly it was conspicuous by its absence during our Christmas Caribbean cruise. Our daughter was very disappointed, because she'd bought dad a Hawaiian-style shirt specially and what better opportunity for an on-deck BBQ and tropical evening (as we experienced on an Azura Iberian cruise 2 years before), but that didn't happen either. Luckily we saw that lots of men were wearing their Caribbean shirts on casual nights, so DH followed suit and got to wear his.

You've been struck by an attack of the wardrobe gremlins too, have you MarianH? ;)

60s/70s is quite easy to do with a maxi dress/skirt/cheesecloth-type blouse, a few long strings of beads, floaty scarves and bangles.

Hope you have a wonderful time on your cruise.

You've been struck by an attack of the wardrobe gremlins too, have you MarianH? ;)

60s/70s is quite easy to do with a maxi dress/skirt/cheesecloth-type blouse, a few long strings of beads, floaty scarves and bangles.

Hope you have a wonderful time on your cruise.

Thanks for that.

I look forward to dressing as you recommend;but should I shave off my beard so as to not spoil the effect?

JFI , although my soubriquet might suggest otherwise, I am a guy - not a gal:o

I agree, hardly ever seen anyone wear the 70's stuff though one cruise there was a group of half a dozen or so who really went for it.

We had a tropical night on Azura last June, with a party on deck. It was good fun with the brightly coloured clothes and hawaiian shirts. Many people dressed for this one.

I see you are going to the Canaries - we had the tropical night on a Canaries cruise - we had a late stop in Tenerife and that's when it was. We didn't have one on an Iberian and Norway cruise though :D

Edited by P&O SUE

I am surprised they might drop the tropical night as that seems to be the only one (other than black and white of course) that many people do try to do. On our 10 cruises I have only ever seen very few dress up for the 60s 70s nights, other than the entertainment staff, but each cruise loads make an attempt at the tropical.

Thanks for that.

I look forward to dressing as you recommend;but should I shave off my beard so as to not spoil the effect?

Ha ha ha :D

Well I laughed when I got to the "shave off my beard!!"

I had pictures of psychedelic kaftans and beads and the girl from the flake advert!!

Not Ian Gillan!

Made me chuckle!

Have fun! :D

Thanks for that.

Ooops, sorry MarianH. :o As jasperado says, kaftaned beardies is very 70s - Dave Myers on Strictly comes to mind!

Have a great time whatever you choose to wear!