Jogging/walking area

pdx13

Yes there are places to walk or jog outside but it is only a compromise as no Seabourn ship has a full promenade deck.

You can run in the gym but if you really must have a promenade or dedicated jogging track on a ship then you would be better off on another line.

This is the one thing (after the smoking policy :D ) that I wish I could change about Seabourn. As Mr L says, there is no promenade deck.

As mentioned by dalliowner, deck 9 is good early or later in the day. Otherwise deck 5 is my choice, although you will either have to go inside the ship through the midship doors, cross the corridor and out the doors on the other side, or simply turn around when you reach the end.

I'm a walker, not a jogger, I don't think I've ever noticed anyone attempting to jog on either deck which is possibly due to their shortness.

Deck 5 was my go-to place to sit and relax in the sun on a lounger at the furthest point facing out, and there was one particular couple who would walk forward as far as they could on deck 5, right to the back end of the ship by the railings in front of the row of sunbeds. Then turn around and come back. Then repeat. And repeat again and again... maybe about 50-100 times!

It was most distracting to have this shadow passing in front of me every few minutes!

My husband is a jogger and he ran every day at sea on deck 5 from one end to the other and back, lots of times. It is not ideal but it does the trick when the weather allows for outdoor activity (deck 9 is definitely not conducive to jogging).

Smoking is allowed aft so occasionally non-smokers may be bothered by that.

Deck 5 was my go-to place to sit and relax in the sun on a lounger at the furthest point facing out, and there was one particular couple who would walk forward as far as they could on deck 5, right to the back end of the ship by the railings in front of the row of sunbeds. Then turn around and come back. Then repeat. And repeat again and again... maybe about 50-100 times!

It was most distracting to have this shadow passing in front of me every few minutes!

If I were to run outside it would be early enough not to disturb people relaxing on deck. I watched a guy in the airport the other day walking back and forth from one end of the waiting area about 50 times the other morning and it drove me crazy. Treadmills are fine in a pinch but would much prefer to be outside.

If I were to run outside it would be early enough not to disturb people relaxing on deck. I watched a guy in the airport the other day walking back and forth from one end of the waiting area about 50 times the other morning and it drove me crazy. Treadmills are fine in a pinch but would much prefer to be outside.

Yes, totally. This was always mid-afternoon, just when everyone was trying to relax in the warm temperatures. It's much nicer to be outside but to walk a foot away from someone 50+ times was a bit much!