Go Better

Zoedokey

Does anyone know how long this promotion has been going on for? Do these kinds of things usually last awhile? Or should be we book for next summer now?

We've never done Celebrity before. If something better comes along can we switch over to that? Or only if we book directly with Celebrity?

Not sure if your question is about the Go Better promo or simply about any of the various promos that Celebrity has had that include the various perks (classic drink package, shipboard credit, tips, etc).

Not sure when the Go Better promo started but Celebrity has been offering various promos (1,2,3 go, Go Better, etc) for over 2 years now and IMHO it's unlikely to change much over the next while. The promo name may change but the perks included are fairly consistent.

You don't say where you are from but if you are in North America you usually cannot switch to a new promo, but you are allowed to cancel and rebook under the new promo as long as it is before final payment date. You can do this using your TA but you need to ask if they will charge you any fee/penalty for it. Celebrity will no charge you a fee (unless you're past final payment date).

It's also a good idea to keep an eye on the pricing should you book a cruise. You never know when the price may drop or perhaps a higher category cabin will become more affordable.

Celebrity has been saying this is not a promotion, rather their new pricing. Hogwash!

They have trained their US and some other country customers that perks are part of the package. They have been running a promotion with 2 "free" perks included that are not nearly free. In some cases, the promotions have been priced at what I would consider good prices.

So, I think perks are here to stay for quite some time. Just my $.02

You need to watch their base prices - even with the perks being offered. I booked my cruise with the perks but if I go to book the same thing with the same 'free' perks now, the cruise is about $1200 dearer. The great deals aren't always so great.