Changes to Latitudes Rewards?

Iluvtocruise01

We are elite on Celebrity and love the program. The next higher tier is elite plus which only adds free internet. We don't use the internet while on a cruise, so it is no value to us. The top tier is Zenith, with some great benefits, but I doubt if we will ever reach that level.

Celebrity's elite is superior to NCL's latitudes program in that Celebrity provides a free happy hour every day except the first day onboard. It is from 5-7pm and we have found that it saves us about $250 a cruise on alcohol (we never do the drinks packages).

I like Celebrity's program and did when they changed it, but was chastised because I like it from so many that said they were going to leave because of the changes. I do agree, they could have added some better perks for the Elite+. I can't wait till I reach Zenith, because there are some awesome benefits for that tier.

I'm Elite, but don't attend the cocktail hour and, if I had my druthers, I'd rather have a different perk instead of the cocktail party, but we all can't like everything, I'm just grateful that they acknowledge us the way they do.

Edited by NLH Arizona

I got the survey email today too and it did sound like they were considering two additional tiers above the current platinum. The survey asked quite a few detailed questions about which perks I value the most. Many were based on what other cruise loyalty programs offer. A few I recall were a breakfast venue on disembarkation day, a concierge lounge, priority dinner and show reservations, unlimited laundry, 60 minutes of internet time and a bath robe to take home.

did they stipulate whether it would be a new bath robe? :D:eek:

I have been platinum on two cruises now, yet already see that they have diminished the perks for that level, e.g., a smaller box of chocolates since I was gold and the dinner perk is of less value because of a la carte pricing (and I understand, but has not been my experience yet, that Moderno can no longer be an option). I spoke to the latitudes rep while on board the Pearl to express my concern about this and she listened, but what else could she do? I stated that change is ok, but don't reduce the benefit. That just makes for angry people who are your best customers. She said she would report to the higher ups.

I am with SuiteCruiser in thinking that something to work for would be good, though. We have been more seriously looking around at other lines lately because we really don't need an atlas and the perks for platinum just don't seem to be what they once were. OBC would be great!!! That we would use.

Edited by drvalo

the cruise Consultant advised us to write to NCL regarding exactly that. I wrote a letter asking certain things some of us would like to see if the program is improved upon. I made suggestions and particularly said that our benefits should not be diminished but actually made better, more incentives, better perks and that will keep us interested in coming back to NCL. I don't know if they actually listen to customers but like he said it would not hurt.

I wrote to their Miami address, and yes unfortunately with NCL you have to contact them through old fashion mail. We wrote a letter and sent it out. :D