Late Flight Back Home

Hey everyone,

My husband and I are leaving for our first NCL cruise this coming Sunday. We fly into Miami from Philadelphia, PA. We cant wait!

On the flight back home the following Sunday, we don't leave until 9:30pm. Has anyone had a late flight back home? We did not rent a car and have a shuttle picking us up to take us back to the airport. But what can we do to pass the time?:)

Why not go to Fort Lauderdale and go on a water taxi and covet the homes . Lots of bars and restaurants along the way,too.

Another idea is to get a room and chill out there May get some good deals on Priceline With luck you may get one with shuttle to airport

The excursions come in handy if your flight is after 3pm. We took an excursion to Kennedy Space Center in Houston and got to the Airport at 2pm. We could check in until 3:30 and then our flight didn't leave until 6:30. It was a very long wait. I suggest you find a hotel with a pool of that has beach access & shuttle and spend the day.

We had a late flight & took the Everglades airboat excursion with NCL.

If you haven't had much time to explore Miami, They also offer a Hop On Hop off bus ticket with airport transfer at the end of the day

I too recommend the air boat excursion!! However you'll still have so much time at the airport after drop off, getting a room at a hotel and using the pool would be so much bettter!

What have you all done with your luggage when you do an after cruise excursion? Do the tours offer a secure area to keep it?

You carry your bags through customs and out to the bus. The bags stay in the bus until they drop you at the airport.

While on the excursion, the bags stay on the bus. After the excursion, you're on your own. The hotel idea is also good. There are many inexpensive ones in the area. Our flight this week was at 7pm and it was a long wait at the airport.

Most airlines (AA, Delta, United, etc) have lounges that are open to First Class, Elite level pax or those who buy a membership. They also offer day passes for those flying that specific airline. We've used AA lounges on day passes and it's a great place to chill.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Priceline or hotwire a hotel to pass the time, relax & maybe kick a bit in the pool, near MIA with free airport shuttle might be a worthwhile one - as OP would be doing lunch & dinner somewhere as well. Or, call up hotel's local # (not 1-800-xxx-xxxx) directly & ask if they have a day room with rates available for next Sunday.

Take your time, enjoy a big sit-down breakfast onboard the GA & take one of the last color luggage tag (everyone expected to be off by 10 AM so the crew can clear the ship & prepare for the turnaround with embarking pax)

Not sure which airlines being flown, UA club's one day pass is $59 p/p and American's club pass is $50 p/p with up 3 children under 18 admitted free - but spending 9 to 10 days holed up in the domestic lounge with light snack would not be fun, IMO - even with complimentary WiFi & beverage services, etc. (and, there's no shower access)

One of my niece is actually on the GA this Sunday, hubby & kids in tow - they are going to hangout in MIA for the day too, with evening nonstop back to JFK ... I believe their plan is to rent a car & do whatever. Ship is almost full at capacity but not all sold out yet, which I'm surprised with all the late Spring breakers flocking south - they are in a Mini & got upsell to Haven 2BR last week, still too much & by not paying the difference, they can do another week out of NYC instead.

Enjoy your cruise. :D