Best ports for Diamonds

bjtll

We've bought multiple diamond pieces in the Caribbean. We currently do most of our shopping at Ballerina Jewelers (St Thomas and St Maarten). They are great to deal with. That said, outside of a couple of blue diamonds, all the diamond pieces have had small diamonds in them. The blue ones, we all know are more flawed and treated to be blue to hide them, but we go in knowing that. We've bought at a few other places in the past while on cruises, but are very selective.

I love Ocean Jewelers on Front Street in St Maarten....my favorite jeweler. Honest and treated so so well there. Yes I shop others but always purchase here whether we are on a cruise or staying. Haven't bought stateside in quite a few years. Its not about the quality of the stone as much as the type of gold. Prices vary due to the gold market everywhere. I look for unique pieces. If i wanted the same ring, bracelet or earrings as everyone else i would buy at home at the box jewelers. Love my diamonds from Ocean Jewelers. Only Diamond International pieces I have purchased was Philip Stein watch and much less then in USA. Purchased second one from Joes in St Maarten with the newer technology.