Need help with internet onboard!

ckrobyn

I can answer the often contested question of whether the free 50 MB is one per cabin or not.

I just got off the Fantasy, and I can tell you that my wife and I each got 50 Free MB for our phones, even though we are in the same cabin. All we needed was two separate e-mail addresses, and thus we created two seperate log-in ID's, one for each of us. We also each used our own phones. I'm not saying you could get 10 free accounts on one phone with 10 e-mail addresses. We didn't try that.

But two free accounts in one cabin? No problem.

I can answer the often contested question of whether the free 50 MB is one per cabin or not.

I just got off the Fantasy, and I can tell you that my wife and I each got 50 Free MB for our phones, even though we are in the same cabin. All we needed was two separate e-mail addresses, and thus we created two seperate log-in ID's, one for each of us. We also each used our own phones. I'm not saying you could get 10 free accounts on one phone with 10 e-mail addresses. We didn't try that.

But two free accounts in one cabin? No problem.

It doesn't always work that way. We tried to sign me up as well as my husband on our cruise, and we were only allowed one account per room.

This screen capture shows the wording in the Navigator:

346nbkg.png

Edited by Shmoo here

It doesn't always work that way. We tried to sign me up as well as my husband on our cruise, and we were only allowed one account per room.

This screen capture shows the wording in the Navigator:

346nbkg.png

So far everyone I have talked to this year has been able to get one per person, including my own cruise.

Its almost impossible to calculate. Depend on what you are doing. Thats why I like NCL internet better. You buy actual minutes of time, not Megabytes.

I totally disagree. On Princess, where it is priced per minute, I end up paying A LOT more for a similar length cruise. And, when their system is running slow, I am penalized. On DCL, I pay for what I (or family member) actually uses, not how long it takes them to do it. Obviously, this reflects what we actually do. We don't do a lot of pictures or stream video, which would use a lot more mb in a given time. Also, many ports have free wifi, so if you want to do a large download or post a bunch of photos, it might be worth doing while in port.

As to whether the free 50 mb is per person or per cabin--it is posted as per cabin but is currently being given out as per person. No harm in trying to get it per person as most have been successful.

The internet packages do not work like photo packages--if you buy "too small," you will need to buy a totally new package (you can't upgrade it). With photos, if you buy a 10 pack and decide that you really needed a 20, the people in Shutters will happily allow you to upgrade to a 20 rather than needing to buy a second 10 pack. BUT you do have the ability to get the 50 mb free to assess your usage and work out any bugs before you need to pay for it.

Edited by moki'smommy