Oasis Drink and Internet Discounts

cfkid

Can you buy drink packages part way through your cruise and just pay for the renaming days?

Yes, the stated minimum is 4 days, and it has to last until the end of the cruise. However, you may find a ship that offers a package for fewer days.

if I am reading this correctly the cost for the premium without the discount is $49.00. they are showing for the June 11th sailing a 20% off that cost. If I am doing the math correctly that should be $9.80 per day. That comes to $39.20 per day or $274.40 for the trip. When I look online it is showing the base cost as $329.00 with an additional charge of $59.22 listed as "Service Charge" brining the price showing as $388.22. I am thinking that is not such a great deal. If I could get a real 20% off then I would sign up today.

I dislike this cruise line very much and I long for Disney. We made the switch to Royal Caribbean because the prices at Disney has become completely ludicrous. The customer service on Royal Caribbean is horrendous. They just don't seem to care. So for the last week all I wanted was a simple explanation as to why the advertised price for the Premium drink package is $49/day plus 18% gratuity for a total of $404.74 for the week ($57/day), but 20% off of that price is $388, not $323. This is not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but it bothers me tremendously for an industry that is providing a vacation service.

In my last call with these people they just flat out refused to even explain the pricing. I explained that if the premium package is 20% off for a bottom line price of $388, as reflected in my shopping cart, then the full price for this package needs to be 485.00 ($69/day)! That is $59/day before the gratuity. That is the price of the Ultimate Package. I don't care if this is a mistake, typo, bait and switch, etc., I just want an explanation so that I can understand. This is one of the most highly regarded vacation company in the world, not a used car lot and that is what I feel as though I bought, a used car from a charlatan. These people have ruined my experience before I even get on the ship because I feel as though I will need to check my wallet throughout the trip for fear of being overcharged or ripped off in some way.

We were and always will be a Disney family and it has nothing to do with anything other than the superior customer service that they provide. They know how to make you feel good about your vacation and the money that you have spent. They never, ever let up and go so far beyond expectations that I am not sure if I have ever had a limit on my expectations. If I have any kind of negative experience before, during or after the trips we have been on they will immediately do something that makes me feel very satisfied that they actually care. This cruise line, thanks for your money, now don't bother me any more.

As I type this, I called Royal Caribbean 35 minutes ago to ask some questions. The person told me that my reservation was locked because I was in it. He told me to log out and that in 15-20 minutes he would be able to see the reservation and would call me back immediately. He asked me to please stay by my phone and expect a call in no more than 20 minutes. 35 minutes later and they have not called me back. I am sitting by the phone. Disney released a Florida resident rate for the same exact cruise date that we are sailing and if I were not travelling with my entire family, a group of 18, I would ask for a refund and pay the extra money to go on the Disney Fantasy. I plan on making everything that I can aware of this so that they are not tricked as I feel as though I have been.

I dislike this cruise line very much and I long for Disney. We made the switch to Royal Caribbean because the prices at Disney has become completely ludicrous. The customer service on Royal Caribbean is horrendous. They just don't seem to care. So for the last week all I wanted was a simple explanation as to why the advertised price for the Premium drink package is $49/day plus 18% gratuity for a total of $404.74 for the week ($57/day), but 20% off of that price is $388, not $323. This is not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but it bothers me tremendously for an industry that is providing a vacation service.

In my last call with these people they just flat out refused to even explain the pricing. I explained that if the premium package is 20% off for a bottom line price of $388, as reflected in my shopping cart, then the full price for this package needs to be 485.00 ($69/day)! That is $59/day before the gratuity. That is the price of the Ultimate Package. I don't care if this is a mistake, typo, bait and switch, etc., I just want an explanation so that I can understand. This is one of the most highly regarded vacation company in the world, not a used car lot and that is what I feel as though I bought, a used car from a charlatan. These people have ruined my experience before I even get on the ship because I feel as though I will need to check my wallet throughout the trip for fear of being overcharged or ripped off in some way.

We were and always will be a Disney family and it has nothing to do with anything other than the superior customer service that they provide. They know how to make you feel good about your vacation and the money that you have spent. They never, ever let up and go so far beyond expectations that I am not sure if I have ever had a limit on my expectations. If I have any kind of negative experience before, during or after the trips we have been on they will immediately do something that makes me feel very satisfied that they actually care. This cruise line, thanks for your money, now don't bother me any more.

As I type this, I called Royal Caribbean 35 minutes ago to ask some questions. The person told me that my reservation was locked because I was in it. He told me to log out and that in 15-20 minutes he would be able to see the reservation and would call me back immediately. He asked me to please stay by my phone and expect a call in no more than 20 minutes. 35 minutes later and they have not called me back. I am sitting by the phone. Disney released a Florida resident rate for the same exact cruise date that we are sailing and if I were not travelling with my entire family, a group of 18, I would ask for a refund and pay the extra money to go on the Disney Fantasy. I plan on making everything that I can aware of this so that they are not tricked as I feel as though I have been.

I hear ya. This is our first time back with RC in a few years and I can't remember things being this bad before. I think some regular RC cruisers are just used to the way they do business so they don't get as irritated by it.

I went through the same drink package fiasco last week right after they announced the 20% off special offer and then RAISED THE PRICES.:mad:

No one would or could explain why and they'll say anything to just get you off the phone.

I would not hang up the phone on my 3rd call and after an hour and a half they gave me an OBC for the difference of what it should be and what was advertised.

Perseverance will pay off but unless they have a rock bottom sale I won't be back any time soon. Just too aggravating an experience all around.

I will say that I am incredibly respectful to anyone who I speak with. I understand that they are employees and probably working off of a script, but that script is so clearly designed to ignore me and hope that I just give up and go away. It is like calling the cable company to let them know that you are switching to satellite. They ignore you and make it as difficult as possible so that you just give up at the end.

As I write this right now I got fed up and called back. I have now been on hold for 20 minutes. I am convinced that they have written something in my file that is causing them to treat me this way. It's like a Seinfeld episode, but not funny at all. How can any travel company treat their customers like this? The guy that put me on hold told me that there were a lot of people on hold and that he would check in with me every three minutes, that was 15 minutes ago.

I hear ya. This is our first time back with RC in a few years and I can't remember things being this bad before. I think some regular RC cruisers are just used to the way they do business so they don't get as irritated by it.

I went through the same drink package fiasco last week right after they announced the 20% off special offer and then RAISED THE PRICES.:mad:

No one would or could explain why and they'll say anything to just get you off the phone.

I would not hang up the phone on my 3rd call and after an hour and a half they gave me an OBC for the difference of what it should be and what was advertised.

Perseverance will pay off but unless they have a rock bottom sale I won't be back any time soon. Just too aggravating an experience all around.

Well, they just told me that prices have gone up, despite the fact that I have a screen shot from yesterday showing the premium package at $49/day as of yesterday. They then talked me through the math, that sounds like they backed out while I was on hold to try and justify the price. When I asked when the prices changed they told me that they change all of the time and that they do not know from their end. I am realizing that although I thought that I bought a used BMW that in reality, when peeling back the layers, I got a Pinto.

I went into the My Cruises section last Sunday and saw that the Premium package was 20% off - the price listed was $47 per day pp. I haven't been looking at prices but I thought 20% off sounded good. I signed up on line and was charged $388 - I could be off a few bucks but it was 380 something.

Well....looking at the link to the original pricing on page one of this thread, the price for that package is $49 per day. Hmmm....20% discount is two bucks?

I have not been on a cruise since Navigator in 2014 and that was before the big price increase for cocktails. I'm rethinking this purchase.

Another issue is listed on the RC website's frequently asked questions.

I will quote.... "Q-Can I use the Coca-Cola Freestyle machines with the all inclusive beverage packages? A-No. The Coca-Cola Freestyle machines require the Coca-Cola cup to operate. Souvenir glassware is excluded from the all inclusive beverage packages.

Now then CCers, I have to ask now that this is answered in black and white....Why is the souvenir Coke cup included in the pictures of the Premium and Ultimate packages?

I'm neither a cheerleader or a negative guy when it comes to RC, just a big fan of cruising with the majority of it being on Royal. However, I drink more soda than anything else and I love the choices of the Freestyle machines. If I can't use them I will likely buy only the soda package and pay for my cocktails one at a time.

Can any of you expert people lend a hand before I have to pick up the phone to try to sort this out. I just want answers ahead of time. There is nothing worse than getting upset on vacation when you have literally paid thousands to relax.

I sincerely appreciate the help I believe I'm about to receive.

Thank you,

MTG

I like most people on here have noticed that while the Ultimate Package has an actual 20% discount on it the Premium Discount only reduced the price from $49 PD to $44 PD for a 10% Discount. I contacted Royal and spoke to a rep who said he spoke with the website Techs and after some time they agreed there is a glitch/mistake with the system. He proclaimed that the problem will be resolved in 48 hours and to try again then, which I will be doing and then coming on here to let everyone know how it turned out. The cruise that I am on is Oasis 10.29.16 so for any of you who is on this one as well hopefully this will help and anyone who is not hopefully this will be a template for how to get it fixed... fingers crossed

I went into the My Cruises section last Sunday and saw that the Premium package was 20% off - the price listed was $47 per day pp. I haven't been looking at prices but I thought 20% off sounded good. I signed up on line and was charged $388 - I could be off a few bucks but it was 380 something.

Well....looking at the link to the original pricing on page one of this thread, the price for that package is $49 per day. Hmmm....20% discount is two bucks?

I have not been on a cruise since Navigator in 2014 and that was before the big price increase for cocktails. I'm rethinking this purchase.

Another issue is listed on the RC website's frequently asked questions.

I will quote.... "Q-Can I use the Coca-Cola Freestyle machines with the all inclusive beverage packages? A-No. The Coca-Cola Freestyle machines require the Coca-Cola cup to operate. Souvenir glassware is excluded from the all inclusive beverage packages.

Now then CCers, I have to ask now that this is answered in black and white....Why is the souvenir Coke cup included in the pictures of the Premium and Ultimate packages?

I'm neither a cheerleader or a negative guy when it comes to RC, just a big fan of cruising with the majority of it being on Royal. However, I drink more soda than anything else and I love the choices of the Freestyle machines. If I can't use them I will likely buy only the soda package and pay for my cocktails one at a time.

Can any of you expert people lend a hand before I have to pick up the phone to try to sort this out. I just want answers ahead of time. There is nothing worse than getting upset on vacation when you have literally paid thousands to relax.

I sincerely appreciate the help I believe I'm about to receive.

Thank you,

MTG

The cup comes with the premium and ultimate packages and can be used in the freestyle machines.

Just to add where some packages aren't showing. This morning the 20% off deal for my Harmony Sept cruise appeared - yay - but only showed for ultimate or select and I had been waiting on booking premium. I was going to call but didn't get around to it, checked again tonight and the premium had reappeared.

My costs are shown in £s so won't confuse matters more with quoting values but safe to say it isn't 20% off - more like 10%, I'm happy with 10% - better than 0% but this 'offer' breaks trading laws in the uk for sure!

ETA any way my point being if not all packages are showing check back later as it looks as though the may be adding them back in

Edited by newxmascruiser
Additional info

Hi, My husband & I are sailing on the Dec 23rd Oasis 8-day cruise.

The Ultimate Beverage package is being offered for 20% off, total price $500 per person for the 8 days. Or $62.25 per day.

I am trying to figure out if it's worth it to buy one. Can we share the benefits? Could I order a water or juice for my husband and give it to him on the sly? How closely does the cruise staff monitor that?

My husband doesn't drink alcohol, but he does like fresh juice for breakfast and maybe a hot chocolate or frappacino from Starbucks. He doesn't drink coffee.

I do drink alcohol & coffee, but am not a huge drinker. Maybe a couple of pina coladas by the pool, a cocktail or two before dinner. A glass of wine with dinner & I love espresso pretty much any time.

I don't know if this would be a value for us or not.

What are your thoughts?

Hi, My husband & I are sailing on the Dec 23rd Oasis 8-day cruise.

The Ultimate Beverage package is being offered for 20% off, total price $500 per person for the 8 days. Or $62.25 per day.

I am trying to figure out if it's worth it to buy one. Can we share the benefits? Could I order a water or juice for my husband and give it to him on the sly? How closely does the cruise staff monitor that?

My husband doesn't drink alcohol, but he does like fresh juice for breakfast and maybe a hot chocolate or frappacino from Starbucks. He doesn't drink coffee.

I do drink alcohol & coffee, but am not a huge drinker. Maybe a couple of pina coladas by the pool, a cocktail or two before dinner. A glass of wine with dinner & I love espresso pretty much any time.

I don't know if this would be a value for us or not.

What are your thoughts?

You cannot share the benefits. If they catch you sharing, they can cancel your beverage package with no refund.

Well, they just told me that prices have gone up, despite the fact that I have a screen shot from yesterday showing the premium package at $49/day as of yesterday. They then talked me through the math, that sounds like they backed out while I was on hold to try and justify the price. When I asked when the prices changed they told me that they change all of the time and that they do not know from their end. I am realizing that although I thought that I bought a used BMW that in reality, when peeling back the layers, I got a Pinto.

I know what you mean. We have been so aggravated with the games they play with their "discounts" and fare "sales".

It takes away from the enjoyment of planning a cruise.

We canceled our Oasis sailing in Sept. and just booked Celebrity in Oct. Concierge class C1 aft cabin for less than the Oasis sailing.

And we get to spend a few days in my old stomping grounds NYC pre-cruise, woo hoo! :D

I like most people on here have noticed that while the Ultimate Package has an actual 20% discount on it the Premium Discount only reduced the price from $49 PD to $44 PD for a 10% Discount. I contacted Royal and spoke to a rep who said he spoke with the website Techs and after some time they agreed there is a glitch/mistake with the system. He proclaimed that the problem will be resolved in 48 hours and to try again then, which I will be doing and then coming on here to let everyone know how it turned out. The cruise that I am on is Oasis 10.29.16 so for any of you who is on this one as well hopefully this will help and anyone who is not hopefully this will be a template for how to get it fixed... fingers crossed

Please let us know if there is an actual fix to the Premium package that reflects 20%.

It does seem shady, but to play devils advocate, it doesn't say "20% off current prices" in my cruise planner. It says "20% off onboard prices". My sailing is many months away. Perhaps the rates when I board for Premium will be $58.75 / day before 18% gratuity so 47/day is 20% off that rate. "Onboard prices" meaning prices when I sail and not current prices.

Time will tell but if you KNOW you want a premium package, they don't go down in price, take the $2.36 savings per day (49-47*1.18) and book it. It should be lower than the price onboard, whether 20% lower or a couple of bucks. If 47 feels like you won't get your money's worth out of it, only 20% off the 49 (39.20) would be "worth it", don't buy b/c it doesn't appear to be what they are selling. But drinks the old fashioned way. No reason to get too upset about the marketing, been this way for a long time, rates higher when "kids sail free" than when promo not on, same with BOGO50, etc.

For me, I'd do it or take my chances onboard if I didn't want to book ahead of time, gambling prices will be 49 and not 58.75, but these differences wouldn't worth fighting RCCL CS about math they have no control over.

I went ahead and booked which saved me $12 from the prices I was originally seeing. The original prices I saw had the gratuities included, the 20% off had them added on in the cart. Oh well, I can't wait to go! My bar tab on the Disney Fantasy was around $540 last year so I can live with $388......even though I know I will tip more, you always find your favorite bartender!

So my odyssey is over with this issue. I explained to the folks on the phone that I was planning on staying on hold until my cruise left on June 11 until someone explained to me, with some logic, what is going on here. I sat at my desk for hours, both on hold and engaged in conversation with various people from Royal Caribbean. I had them on speaker and worked the whole time (I have a desk-type job that allows me to do this and still be productive). I explained that simple answers that were designed to get rid of me would not work and that by the end of the process it will have cost them more to pay their employees to deal with me on this issue than it would have to honor the discount that they advertised online.

First impression is that they are absolute experts in the avoidance of answering questions. They are either reading from a script or are so experienced in dealing with these kids of situations that it took hours and hours before they realized that they either needed to fake disconnect me or deal with the situation. Let me tell you that when we took our last Disney cruise I complained on board that the dining room servers were not doing a good job. The head of dining on the ship tracked me down at the pool after visiting my room several times and enlisting my room attendant to find me. They were so mortified that I had a poor experience the night before and offered me basically anything under the sun to make it up to us. I can say comfortably that Royal Caribbean has decided to take the diametric opposite side of the customer service spectrum.

Second, I am absolutely convinced that they were making stuff up as we went along. Their final answer to me on this was that the beverage prices that they are advertising on their site were only good through April 27th and that on April 28th the prices went up and that I could not rely upon those prices. I asked why they would have rounded up prices advertised, but that the price they were quoting me had cents in the equation they were unable to answer that. Then, when I asked when I had opened up the inquiry they told me that I had first called on April 25th, several days before the alleged price increase. After putting me on hold for another hour, again, hoping that I would hang up, they finally gave me an on board credit for the difference.

Never again RC. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.