Favorite Food on Princess

scubalisa

Usually I have breakfast in Horizon Court. They have this cinammon bread that I love.

If I am on the ship for lunch again usually Horizon Court. Enjoying the variety of choices.

Snacks: slice of pizza, cheese & crackers (with a nice glass of wine)

Dinner I have several favorites: lobster tails, lamb, veal chop, ribeye steak in the Steak House.

Desserts : creme brulee, souffle - chocolate with vanilla sauce the best.

No complaints about Princess food from me :)

for breakfast: the apple pancakes, those yummy chocolate croissants. Also on the last day the cornflake coated frenchtoast was yummy.

lunch: LOVED most everything when they did the Oriental buffet, also liked the terrace grill. The desserts served during the Italian lunch buffet were yummy. also in the horizon court they had these chocolate chip cookies with chocolate mousse sandwhiched in the middle.

Dinner: The beef provincal(french night), i really enjoyed ALL the cold fruit soups, ditto on the souffles, and the heart-shaped mousse. I also like the cookie platter. The lobster night.

a little hint about dinner, listen to what your waiter suggests. At least with the waiter we had, he was right on the money everytime. The times i didnt listen to him, were the 2 times i didn't enjoy what i had.

Breakfast - we love to go to the dining room. I usually have eggs either poached or scrambled. DH has the bagel with smoked salmonand cream cheese and then some fruit. We also partake of the pastry tray:)

Lunch - this is one "meal" we skip except for some crackers and cheese later in the afternoon with wine on the balcony. We do manage to slip in a delicious piece of pizza now and again. If we are off on an excursion we will partake in what is offered, or if we are just walking around, will stop for a drink and a munchie.:)

Dinner - DH usually goes for the right hand side where the menu is different every night. I love their always available menu - salmon- (twice), fettucini alfredo, small steak and then love lobster and beef tourenado night. I have a shrimp cocktail everynight and DH has the soup of the day and salad before our meals. Yummy desserts, can't miss on any of these.:) We usually have the onion soup at least once.:)

I have never gone hungry on any of our Princess Cruises. No complaints from this cruiser......

I agree with Phaelon - rack of lamb is very good, as is the French onion soup.

Beef lover here, but never take the Beef Wellington - I think it is a way to ruin a perfectly good piece of beef.

The filet mignons in Sterling Steakhouse are extra good.

Contrary to the notes of disgust offered by some in other threads... I'm really looking forward to trying the goat stew that's offered on the CB when they have Caribbean night. Anyone who's never tried goat just doesn't know what they're missing. It's got the slightly gamey appeal of lamb but with far more subtlety. One of my favorite meats for braised or stewed dishes.

On the Sapphire Princess in the Santa Fe dining room, even thought it is not on the menue, you can get chicken and/or beef fajitas. I love the chicken. I ate it 7 nights in a row. I could not get enough of it. I just wish you could get it at lunch and maybe breakfast. That is just me, I can eat the same thing over and over again.

Ijust love the escargot! I talked to my waiter, who talked to the cook and I had it 2 nights in a row on my last cruise

My favorite dessert was the rasberry creme burlee (I just got off the Island on 10/8 so they still have it)

Overall I was impressed with the quality and preparation of all our meals on the Grand Princess.

Two things that Princess does extremely well are it's pizza (best I've ever had on a ship) and their soups. I don't usually have soup before dinner as it's too much for me to eat, but the soups on the Grand were so excellent, I had some almost every night. I think the carrot/ginger was my favorite.

Jane

On the Sapphire Princess in the Santa Fe dining room, even thought it is not on the menue, you can get chicken and/or beef fajitas. I love the chicken. I ate it 7 nights in a row. I could not get enough of it. I just wish you could get it at lunch and maybe breakfast. That is just me, I can eat the same thing over and over again.

This just got me to thinking ...I will be on the Caribbean Princess in less than 2 weeks...does anyone know if Fajitas are ever offered at any of the food options? They are one of my favorites.

Archived