Port or Starboard on Equinox Eastern Caribbean

SharonK

it really depends on whether you want afternoon sun or morning sun. going south, you'll have afternoon sun on the starboard side and coming north, you'll have morning sun on the starboard side, so it really depends on how much sun you would like on your balcony. i use my balcony quite a bit because i don't like how crowded the pool areas are. it's like being in a sardine can up there, in my opinion.

i had a starboard side cabin and got to see lots of islands when we were sailing north from barbados to st maarten.

We stick to the starboard side as much as possible. Port side has smoking areas and while 9 and 10 are not that close to them, why take a chance.

What is port or starboard can you tell with odd or even state room number thank you Aussie

when facing the bow (or front of ship) Port is on your left and Starboard is on your right. Cabins are the same, just a matter of one side of the ship or the other. You can remember Port by having 4 letters like Left, Your left hand is port.

• 3 weeks later...
Any opinions on whether port or starboard side would be best for the 10 night Easter Caribbean sailing? We would be on deck 9 or 10.

Hi Sharon.

We solved this question! We are going on Equinox Thanksgiving 10 day cruise with family and got the inside rooms on the 9th floor!! :)

Joe