Anthem activities advanced reservations

JoeFan

I am quickly approaching my 90 mark to make advanced reservations on my cruise on the AOS.

Is there a published list of activities and shows that I can make advanced reservations?

I have read some reviews about this ship being wonderful but with 4500 people and limited spaces for activities that it is advised to make reservations prior.

I don't know if there is a list, but we booked Anthem for a cruise this June to Bermuda. Under the Cruise Planner, we reserved all three major shows:

We Will Rock You

Spectra's Cabaret

The Gift

We also reserved the activities:

North Star

I-Fly

And of course we reserved our dinners for each night. I don't think there was anything else to reserve online.

Edited by Bally01

If you chose dynamic dining, I suggest you make your reservations as soon as you can. Because the times aloted go fast. iFly is not open until 3pm on port days despite what the cruise planner says.

If you chose dynamic dining, I suggest you make your reservations as soon as you can. Because the times aloted go fast. iFly is not open until 3pm on port days despite what the cruise planner says.

Here are the Cruise Compasses. You can see the times.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2324095

Thanks,

I am just starting to do some research for this cruise and putting together how everything works.

We are booked for Classic Early seating.

So hopefully that works with everything.

I also jumped into the planner today and it is officially 91 days and it looks like only iFly and North Star are available to book. The shows and everything else might not appear until tomorrow.

But I am concerned as it looks like slots for iFly and North Star are already being booked up.

Of course I called RC and of course they seem clueless. They say that even though it is there I can't book it and it doesn't show all the times available.

So I will wait until tomorrow to take another look.

I also jumped into the planner today and it is officially 91 days and it looks like only iFly and North Star are available to book. The shows and everything else might not appear until tomorrow.

But I am concerned as it looks like slots for iFly and North Star are already being booked up.

Of course I called RC and of course they seem clueless. They say that even though it is there I can't book it and it doesn't show all the times available.

So I will wait until tomorrow to take another look.

We are sailing on Anthem in 151 days. I was able to book all my dining options about 2 months ago or so and the IFLY about a month ago. ...still waiting for the shows and NorthStar to open up.

We are sailing on Anthem in 151 days. I was able to book all my dining options about 2 months ago or so and the IFLY about

a month ago. ...still waiting for the shows and NorthStar to open up.

Ugh, so I guess the 90 days was bogus.

Ugh, so I guess the 90 days was bogus.

I don't know where you "learned" that 90 days was the magic point for making reservations.......but it's not.

The only thing that definitely happens at 90 days is that you can fill out your online check-in pages.

Entertainment, dining, other pre-cruise stuff, can become available at almost any time. Totally unpredictable.

Thanks,

I am just starting to do some research for this cruise and putting together how everything works.

We are booked for Classic Early seating.

So hopefully that works with everything.

Unless it has changed since Dynamic Classic began, first seating is at 5:30, regardless of what they may have told you. If your docs or anyone says it's 6...........it's not.

Anthem%20Dynamic%20Classic%201%20dining%20schedule_zpsiqsshclv.jpg

As far as North Star and iFly - there will be spots held back for booking on board. But you have to take care of it as soon as you board. I did it through the Royal iq app just after boarding.

Also check the planner in the days leading up to final payment. People cancel and things open up.

Here is the situation.

We are sailing on the Anthem 5 night to Bermuda.

My mother in law booked a cruise for her three children and grand children to celebrate their 50th anniversary.

So it will be 15 of us total.

I seem to be the only planner of the group and doing some research I saw all the reviews about pre-booking activities such as iFly, North Star and Escape from the future along with the shows.

And people that didn't pre-book were shut out once they got on board.

Tough part is knowing what 15 people want and don't want to do and leaving it until we get on board sounds like a recipe for disaster.

She got the 90 day Magic Number from her travel agent.

I am wondering what is a must do now, too late or wait until we board?

I just have this vision of all of us getting on the ship and not have anything booked and will be staring at each other.

I am not sure about specialty dining, we will probably stick to the MDR and some of the couples may venture out for some specialty dining. How difficult is that to book once on board? It sounds like the first two nights might be our best option.

90 days used to be a semi magic number for this kind of thing and can often apply to other ships in the fleet. But Anthem is different.

With the exception of Wonderland, you should be able to get speciality restaurants onboard - but probably not for 15. A couple of couples sure.

But also don't worry about things to do. She is a big beautiful ship with lots to offer all ages.

Download Royal iq before you leave home and activate it as soon as you board and check under activities.