Upset! Bev Gratuity more expensive for different category of cabin!? Advice please

Viva_la_Vida

Pay for the extra service charge and look forward to a wonderful cruise! And Yes, NCL

is nickel and diming you to death! Apparently this is their new logo!

Except that they wiped the gratuity slate clean. He is paying ZERO gratuities on the pkg now. Hardly nickel and diming😜

I ended up calling NCL directly and they were incredibly helpful. It was an error on their part. They said at the most I should just owe the difference, not the full 18% all over again. For the trouble it caused, they just wiped the balance completely. Go NCL!

The supervisor at NCL said my TA had hung up with her before she could tell him the $199 I owed was an error. :eek:

Thanks for helping assure me that an extra $199 was as crazy as I thought it was.

I am glad it was resolved!!

Except that they wiped the gratuity slate clean. He is paying ZERO gratuities on the pkg now. Hardly nickel and diming😜

You're trying to confuse him with facts!! It's hard to continue with an agenda if people keep shooting holes in their preconceived notions!!

Just tacking this question on here rather than starting a whole new thread.

With the beverage package, if you order a drink that exceeds the $15.00, I understand you pay the difference, but do you have to pay the 18% gratuities on the difference too?

My guess is no, but wanted to know for sure.

Just tacking this question on here rather than starting a whole new thread.

With the beverage package, if you order a drink that exceeds the $15.00, I understand you pay the difference, but do you have to pay the 18% gratuities on the difference too?

My guess is no, but wanted to know for sure.

Yes you do, the package and its service charges only cover included items. Anything extra is charged separately, including auto-gratuities for those extra charged items.

Take for example a bottle of wine that is discounted for holders of UBP, you still need to pay normal gratuities for the amount charged.

Edited by Demonyte

No, that isn't quite right.

He already paid the gratuity on the package. When the change was made, they charged him a second time. (Thus the problem). They wiped out the erroneous second charge, they didn't refund the gratuities that were originally paid, thus you can't say he paid zero gratuities.

All they did was fix the mistake in billing.

My guess is that the balcony price included a second amenity such as the specialty dining package. That would be about the right amount for the service charge on the value of the dining package. Insides only get one amenity.

Thanks! That makes sense, I never even considered I had the drink pkg and dining pkg selected as the two choices on the balcony. The inside only had one pkg.!