Can you buy fruit in foreign port and bring back onto ship? What about wine?

Sigyn

If we buy fruit in port in, say, Marseilles, France, can we bring it back onto the ship?

What about purchasing wine? Can we bring that back on ship? I think I read somewhere you have to leave with steward, to be brought to you at disembarkation.

Thanks!

You probably won't be able to bring fruit back onto the ship, you can bring the wine, but it will be checked and held until you are ready to disembark

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

You probably won't be able to bring fruit back onto the ship, you can bring the wine, but it will be checked and held until you are ready to disembark

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Or not....dunno about fruit, but you may find you can take the wine back on the ship and to your cabin and not check it. It's been a couple of years since we were in european ports, but the "rules" for bringing wine/booze back onto ships in european ports seems way more relaxed than say, caribbean ports.

What about purchasing wine? Can we bring that back on ship? I think I read somewhere you have to leave with steward, to be brought to you at disembarkation.

Thanks!

They may ask you to put it with someone, but most are successful just keep walking.

Wine depends on cruise line and itin. Some will hold wine until debarkation, others will let you take it to your cabin. Carnival usually holds your wine.

We've never had an issue bringing any food onboard. We've brought on limes during the Great Lime Shortage.

Do not bring unpackaged fish back. Friend brought back unsealed, smoked fish. Huge mistake.

Edited by SadieN