Empress cancellations: change fee refund inquiry

To anyone who has applied for the refund of your airfare change fees as a result of rebooking your cancelled Empress cruise:

Did you receive acknowledgement when you submitted your claim?

When did you submit? Have you received reimbursement? Did you get any interim communication from RC at all?

For the first canceled cruise I snail mailed my claim in on March 19. I haven't heard a peep about it, no acknowledgement, no refund check, nada.

For the second cancellation I e-mailed my claim last Friday and got the automatic e-mail reply saying they'd received it

I submitted my change fee claim on Friday too. Got the standard received response email back.

Was not going to change the ticket but, the insurance said they would not reimburse me for the cost of the ticket due to the cruise line cancelling.:mad:

• 2 weeks later...
My fee was credited to my bank this morning. Hope everyone else has gotten theirs as well.

Thank you for the update.

I was speaking to a CVP yesterday and mentioned this, and she sent off an email to whatever department is handling this, and I am waiting to hear something. (since I still hadn't heard anything since I started this thread)

With no explanation being communicated, a credit for $400 appeared on one of my credit cards yesterday. I assume this is for my air rebooking fees for both canceled sailings. I also wonder why they arbitrarily chose to issue it to a credit card that was not used for anything with RCI lately, but one they apparently have in my file. But, it seems I have "been made whole" now, other than having an open air reservation I have to use with Delta by next April or it turns into a pumpkin.