NCL Getaway UDP question

edjewcollins

First cruise ever on 5/1/16, DW has cruised before. This is the first NCL cruise for us and both of our first cruise with 2 daughters 12 and 15.

My DW and I have the Ultimate Drink Package promotion. Am I misreading the fact that my wife and I can just walk up and get soft drinks for my kids and then just go somewhere else a couple minutes later and get ourselves a couple cocktails? Thanks in advance

You can do it, but it is against the terms of the package to share drinks like that.

If caught then the package could be withdrawn. That's extremely unlikely to happen, so it's up to your conscience really.

Just to avoid confusion, the drink package is actually the UBP.

First cruise ever on 5/1/16, DW has cruised before. This is the first NCL cruise for us and both of our first cruise with 2 daughters 12 and 15.

My DW and I have the Ultimate Drink Package promotion. Am I misreading the fact that my wife and I can just walk up and get soft drinks for my kids and then just go somewhere else a couple minutes later and get ourselves a couple cocktails? Thanks in advance

I did that.. I mean my kids don't drink soda but at the kids pool I kept forgetting to bring my husbands card so I just went to one bar and then went over to the next one with my own to get his drink. Watch me get flamed for admitting to that.

I did that.. I mean my kids don't drink soda but at the kids pool I kept forgetting to bring my husbands card so I just went to one bar and then went over to the next one with my own to get his drink. Watch me get flamed for admitting to that.

Why on earth would you get flamed for that. If you both had the package then you were just getting what you have included.

I've done the same, but just didn't bother with the moving bars bit. Just explained to the barstaff and they put the two through together (it helps if they know you of course).

I certainly won't flame you.....We took our youngest son and his wife on the Escape in February. We all were in a Haven Penthouse on the stern of the ship with the large balcony. Great room, and all of us in it had the UBP. We sometimes took advantage of the Haven sun deck with the hot tub. But on occasion, we would hang out on the deck. A couple of times, I would run up to the bar in the buffet area, get two beers with my card, then run back to the room and run up to the Spice bar and do it again. Not legal, but who wants to leave your own deck, because the rules don't let you get buckets. I was somewhat concerned if I brought all four cards that some diligent bartender would confiscate the kids cards because the last names were different than mine. You just have to adapt and overcome!;)

We are moving somewhat off topic. If I understand the OP correctly, they are talking about getting drinks for people who don't have the package, which is a bit different from getting multiple drinks to avoid going back to the room to pick up a card.

I'd imagine that most people would agree that the latter isn't a big issue, but getting drinks for people without the package is clearly against the terms of the package.

We are moving somewhat off topic. If I understand the OP correctly, they are talking about getting drinks for people who don't have the package, which is a bit different from getting multiple drinks to avoid going back to the room to pick up a card.

I'd imagine that most people would agree that the latter isn't a big issue, but getting drinks for people without the package is clearly against the terms of the package.

Could not agree more.

Dishonest.

Agreed. Not sure why they wouldn't just pay the $45 for the children's soda package or stick to the free drinks.

You should purchase the Soda Package for each one of your daughters, lug on board your own soda cartons for them, pay for each soda they drink, or they can just drink the free beverages they have onboard (flavoured teas)

But using your UBP to get drinks for somebody who is not covered by it is dishonest, and your UBP will be cancelled if they find you doing it.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm glad I ignored all of you that said not to do it. It helped make up for the bed bugs found in my room that NCL could care less about. They offered medical attention, at our own expense, for the bites we have. Follow ups with Guest relations and corporate were a massive waste of time with 30+ minute hold times to get through. Email generated a form letter thanking me for letting them know about and stating they could not identify any issues to act on.

They wouldn't admit on board it was a BB even though they did an inspection of the room. How do you inspect for what you can't identify? I think NCL tells them to never admit it when they find bed bugs. They told me on board that I could call guest relations the day after I got home for a positive ID of the bugs by "environmental" which I already know are bedbugs. 5 days later they say they have no answer. How could a responsible cruise line put people back in my room and adjoining rooms without a positive ID?

You can cruise on NCL all you want, you'll never see me on it again. BTW, the Getaway is about a 3 star ship even without the bedbugs.

I'm glad I ignored all of you that said not to do it.
We knew you were going to do that from your first message. The fact that you got bug bites and didn't like your cruise and now hate NCL does not justify stealing drinks from them throughout the cruise.

If I had joined this thread earlier, I would have said scamming a few soft drinks is not that big a deal. And if you had posted a reasonable complaint about the bug infestation, I would have had nothing but sympathy for you. But from the way you posted, I'm taking the bed bugs' side.

And normally the bug problem and your UBP question are totally unrelated, but since you chose to link them, and you consider the free drinks you got for your daughters throughout the cruise to be compensation for the bed bugs, NCL owes you nothing more.

Edited by hawkeyetlse

We knew you were going to do that from your first message. The fact that you got bug bites and didn't like your cruise and now hate NCL does not justify stealing drinks from them throughout the cruise.

Thanks for bringing us back on topic!

OP, if you have a gripe about bedbugs, why not start a new thread, where that topic can be discussed. Since this is under "Getaway UDP Question" few will ever see it.