Brands and prices cigarettes

Exfirefighter

I take it you are trying to figure out how much cash to bring because you are wanting to settle your SeaPass account in cash in US dollars? In that case, bring enough to cover all your SeaPass expenses, since you won't be able to sort out which ones are from the duty free shop and which aren't. Also consider what you are allowed to bring home, your country's allowance.

Not a secret, just that fewer and fewer people smoke, so there will be fewer posters who know the information you want, and also a comprehensive list of brands offered is probably not possible since they will vary by ship, itinerary, availability, etc. So, one piece of advice would be to figure out what a carton of your preferred brand costs you at home. Bring that much cash, knowing that it would be priced somewhat less than that. Or, bring the total amount of cash you are willing to spend, and shop accordingly.

Do note that all Celebrity ships are totally non-smoking indoors and there is absolutely no smoking allowed on any balcony. There are only about 4 or maybe 5 areas outdoors on the decks where smoking is allowed.

I agree with Cruisestitch that more and more people nowadays are non-smokers and just don't pay attention to what cigarettes are sold on board. To be honest, I didn't really even KNOW they were sold, and I've been on 13 cruises with Celebrity. Wish we could be more help.

Have a wonderful cruise!

I was on an eastern med cruise last July. They had Marlboro Lights at the Mast Bar and they were around 7 USD. Hope that helps!

I assume he is asking about the carton/multi-carton pricing. The 7 above would indicate about $70/carton. They are far, far below that.

thx SimonBr. 1st cruise using dollars so looking for info re how much $ to get. Many time cruiser using £

You don't need dollars for the ship - even if paying in cash.

Although don't you need to leave a credit card for on board expenses - and as such - purchases from the shop can be put on your sign and sail account.

If you do, tick the box to allow your credit card company NOT the ship calculate your exchange rate.

But all of that aside, even if you use cash (I am sure the ship will ask for a minimum amount cash deposit?) - you can present GBP (unmarked English notes only) as payment for your sign and sail account- it need not be in dollars.

If you are cruising in the Med you wont need dollars at all - only Euro for using off the ship.

• 1 year later...

Hello, just sailed on ncl Gem Apr 8-18th 2017. On board Marlboro Reds were $144 for 4 cartons. In St. Maarten I found a duty free shop at Port when you purchased 4 cartons, you got 1 free-total cost there was $130 for 5!

They will sell about 6 major brands...but not all "flavors" within a brand. Think Marlboro, and Marlboro lights....Winstons and lights....stuff like that. They will not have all the different sub-brands! I could never find regular Marlboro Menthol on ANY cruise line....only Menthol lights.