mdr dining

holgate

We were on the Equinox two years ago (our first cruise), we are on the reflection in June. We have noticed that the evening meal is now 3 course compared to 4 course 2 years ago. Reading the posts it seems possible to order an extra course i.e. a ceasar salad which my wife enjoys alongside another starter. If this is true do we just order everything together. Any tips for helping a couple of green cruisers will be gratefully accepted.

cheers

I am not sure about the 3 /4 courses in MDR as we dine in Blu (I cant remember if it was 3 or 4 either)

I do know however on any cruiseship I have been on - waiters will bring you precisely what you ask for. Just let him/her know which dishes you want in which order - or as a side to.

If your wife wants a ceasar as a side - not a problem - just make sure you let them know its not required as another course.

As others have said, in the MDR you are free to order whatever you want, so you simply "create" a 4 course meal and tell your server in what order you want your meal brought to you. Hubs and I LOVE to order a few appetizers, have them all brought at once and we will have a nibble and luxuriate over all of them. On lobster night, my husband will always order the steak entree AND the lobster entree, he'll put his lobster on his steak plate and have the server take the extra plate away. The servers and/or kitchen won't put both meals on one plate for you, but they certainly don't mind if you do it yourself. I don't usually have room for dessert right away, so we will have coffee/tea and dessert later at Cafe Al Bacio.

I noticed this change on the Reflection last month. We pretty much ordered whatever we wanted. I would say most nights multiple starters were ordered (we liked appetizers and salad/soup, like the old menu was structured). One night, one of our party ordered one of each appetizer (and ended up getting a second of one of them!) and nothing else. The appetizer portions are really small, although the salads and soups seemed normal.

So yeah, do what you want :)

What may sound a lil confusing is the menu changed, combining to different look, It is stil the same.

I suggest to Tell your Waiter/Waitress how you want to be served. I had to tell my Waiter don't rush me by bring out my orders at once, I suggested to him to serve the other table if you are in a rush.

You will get what you order one course or ten. the yare there to Serve you.

We were on the Equinox two years ago (our first cruise), we are on the reflection in June. We have noticed that the evening meal is now 3 course compared to 4 course 2 years ago. Reading the posts it seems possible to order an extra course i.e. a ceasar salad which my wife enjoys alongside another starter. If this is true do we just order everything together. Any tips for helping a couple of green cruisers will be gratefully accepted.

cheers

We recently sailed on Eclipse and ate all our dinners in the MDR. You're right, they have combined the menu appetizer and salad. Many of our nights we had both shrimp cocktail and salad or soup depending on our preference. We ordered starter and soup together and he brought them separately.

Can you get a smaller portion of an entree as an appetizer? Like if there is a pasta dish as an entree, will they bring you a smaller serving of it as an appetizer course?

It has been my experience that anything you ask them, within reason, they will do. So to your question, I would say yes, they probably would...you're asking them to replate your meal, not prepare something special.

Can you get a smaller portion of an entree as an appetizer? Like if there is a pasta dish as an entree, will they bring you a smaller serving of it as an appetizer course?

Yes, I have seen people do that on Celebrity.