Cloud 9 Spa Balcony

nsullivan

So my new question about the Cloud 9 staterooms. What all do they include? I know you get access to the Cloud 9 Spa. That was pretty much my reason for booking. I want to sit in one of those heated chairs.

But I read somewhere that you get to keep the slippers. Do you get to keep the robes? Are the shampoos and stuff good quality that I wouldn't need to bring my own?

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Recently received a Spa Balcony as a guaranteed balcony assignment. We did have slippers provided; little lightweight scuffs. Also, the Elemis sample size products, replaced by steward as needed. I didn't care for the products. They smell a bit masculine/woodsy/herbal to me. Nice cabin. The elevator access would be a problem for mobility issues.

We had one on the Dream and Magic. We love the location being so close to the spa and Serenity Deck. We seldom left the area. Yes, those heated loungers are Heaven.

On our last trip in January (NYE) they were packed and one day I tried to get one but people were sitting on the floor next to them waiting for one to open. It sucked!

The other time we never had a problem getting one.

Some people complain about lack of overhang on the balcony, but we found there was enough you could get shade on you upper body, but maybe not mid-thigh down.

Cabins are not really much diff than any other balcony cabin. Slippers are nice, but probably won't last long after you take them home.

I WILL sit on those heated loungers. I will stare people down until they get off.

Just kidding....kind of

The slippers aren't a big deal to me I was just curious about the amenities. I think the allure of the room is just that its different and you get some perks with it. Makes me feel like we're splurging on our vacation. Especially since we aren't booked until Oct of 2017. That's a long time to fantasize about heated loungers.

I WILL sit on those heated loungers. I will stare people down until they get off.

Just kidding....kind of

The slippers aren't a big deal to me I was just curious about the amenities. I think the allure of the room is just that its different and you get some perks with it. Makes me feel like we're splurging on our vacation. Especially since we aren't booked until Oct of 2017. That's a long time to fantasize about heated loungers.

We will be on the Breeze this summer. I refuse to sail without a Cloud 9 Spa room (unfortunately booking too late so it looks like interior spa rooms for us this time).

You can have the heated loungers...I am pretty tall and they don't fit me at all...but those steam/sauna's and T-Pool...oh yeah! On our last Magic cruise I must have spent at least 35 hours in the spa area....and that was after hitting the fitness center.

Edited by Badfinger

Yeah I won't be in the fitness area. Ha my friend might. I'm leaving the husband home for this trip. He's going to be so jealous of the spa. He did some kind of heated lounge in a spa in Vegas and couldn't stop talking about it. That's really why I want to try it on the ship.

This will be my first 7 day cruise and for once I think it will be a lazy beach trip the whole time. I usually like to book site seeing tours for all my vacations but since it will just be her and me, I think it will be a lazy, get a tan, hang out in the spa cruise.

Yeah I won't be in the fitness area. Ha my friend might. I'm leaving the husband home for this trip. He's going to be so jealous of the spa. He did some kind of heated lounge in a spa in Vegas and couldn't stop talking about it. That's really why I want to try it on the ship.

This will be my first 7 day cruise and for once I think it will be a lazy beach trip the whole time. I usually like to book site seeing tours for all my vacations but since it will just be her and me, I think it will be a lazy, get a tan, hang out in the spa cruise.

Yeah that sounds like relaxation to me. Not sure it will fly with my teenage boys though.

Another thing my wife and i did was after we ate in the dining room (early seating), we would make our way to the buffet to sample (or get seconds!) the various items that were on both the buffet and the MDR menu that we did not order. And at that time (about 730) the buffet was like a ghost town. Very relaxing..plus killed the time before the comedy show started.

I loved my spa room on the breeze, the spa passes are priced depending on the length so for our 8 night a couples pass was running around $400 and it was less than that to upgrade to the spa balcony for us. I had a great room steward and he would refill anything I asked for and even brought me another set of things for my sister when she was saying how she loved the smell. The slippers were okay, nothing I would keep and loved how you made your own scrub. To me the room decor in the green tones were preferred over the blues in the other rooms. The robes were so nice, and I think you can buy them online only since they were not for sale on the ship I could see. The cabin I had was just off the main elevators and it was super convenient. I booked my parents a spa suite on the Vista next March and they are very excited to stay in one.

What you got it for is really the main reason to get a Spa room. Those little extras aren't much of anything. The slippers are okay. Ours would be too large for Andre the Giant, but we didn't bother to ask for smaller ones. The Elemis products are extraordinarily tiny, and they're not that great. Some room stewards replace them as many times as you want, some will only replace them once a cruise, some won't replace them at all. The bottles are so tiny, they're gone in 1 use or less, so definitely bring your own stuff. You will still have the shampoo & body wash dispensers in the shower. Different color towels, different decor. It's usually cheaper to get a spa room rather than getting a cheaper room plus buying the spa pass (but not always).

Edited by k2excursion

We had one on the Dream and Magic. We love the location being so close to the spa and Serenity Deck. We seldom left the area. Yes, those heated loungers are Heaven.

On our last trip in January (NYE) they were packed and one day I tried to get one but people were sitting on the floor next to them waiting for one to open. It sucked!

The other time we never had a problem getting one.

Some people complain about lack of overhang on the balcony, but we found there was enough you could get shade on you upper body, but maybe not mid-thigh down.

Cabins are not really much diff than any other balcony cabin. Slippers are nice, but probably won't last long after you take them home.

Only deck 12 spa cabins have no shade over your balcony , no problem on spa decks 10 and 11

Only deck 12 spa cabins have no shade over your balcony , no problem on spa decks 10 and 11

Not exactly, we were in 12211 on Dream as I stated there is a little overhang that will give you some shade depending on the orientation of the sun and ship.

Deck 14 angles outward so it gives you some shade.

That being said, if I was to do it again (and we did on Magic) I would move forward a few cabins. In 12211 people could stand on the Serenity Deck above you and you could hear their conversations. They could also look down and see your toes up on the railing if they really leaned over.

If you move forward about two cabins then there is glass along the railing above you so nobody can lean over.

Not a real big issue except at sail away.

We just did a NYE cruise on Magic in 12016. To be honest I don't recall if we had shade or not. We did not have people looking over the side as it was all glass above us.

The Cloud 9 layout between the Magic and Dream is a little different. I tend to like the layout on the Dream better.