Table for 2

JUSRN

I'm new to MSC and it sounds like it's nearly impossible to get a table for 2 in the MDR of the Devina for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Is that the true???

We cruise primarily NCL and we always get a table for 2. They assume you want a table alone be it 2 or 4 unless you say you want to share. They have a lot more small tables on their ships than any of the others. RCCL and HAL seem to have mostly large tables to share also and very limited smaller tables.

That is going to discourage me from sailing these lines. My husband and I much prefer to dine alone. I'm afraid we'll be doing a lot of buffeting on our upcoming Devina unfortunately.

it sounds like it's nearly impossible to get a table for 2 in the MDR of the Devina for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

I have successfully had a table for 2 for both lunch and as my assigned table for dinner. Not just once but on several cruises on the Divina. It may be possible if you go to the Maitre D' upon boarding and request one nicely. ;)

Bret

My experience is that the maitre'd can make almost anything happen if asked nicely. Their primary goal is to have you happy during your cruise and an annoyed passenger in the dining room for the 7 days behooves no one. It is also of course always polite to show appreciation for said accommodations.

• 2 weeks later...

As soon as you board ask where the Maitre' D is stationed, he will have blue prints of the dining areas and will accommodate your request, I have never had a problem, you may get shifted to/from the villa rossa or black crab... I would assume breakfast and lunch would be tough to pull off...