Beverage and Internet pricing WRONG online! Beware

For my cruise; Allure June 26, 2016 It is showing that the premium drink package is $37.60 pp/pd and the select package is 28.80 pp/pd. on every screen all the way adding it up to your cart it shows the same price of $37.60 for premium. So I added it for myself and the price came to $388.22. I thought to myself, that doesn't add up so I did the math and it was $77.64 more than advertised per person. I called them and I was transferred to many people and supervisors and they all said they will not honor the advertised price. They also said the same thing was happening for the internet and spa packages as well. If you booked any of these packages recently, please be aware that you didn't get the advertised price. They also said that if you did get it for that price, your order will be canceled. Not a big deal for internet or beverage, but if you booked a spa package, they only have so many openings and slots.

Edited by wineandshine

I noticed that the other day as well I booked the select package with the sale when it first was announced for our sailing total was 316 cnd dollars for 7 day sailing , I canceled it and upgraded to the ultimate package for a good price , but looked last night and notice the select package with the same sale on is about 85.00 more now

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I am on the July 10 Allure cruise and did purchase the internet special for myself and DH. I actually spoke with a RCL phone rep who put the purchase thru at the correct discounted price. My CC was charged correctly and the VOOM Surf package is added on in my cruise planner. My DD and her DH also purchase this package without any issues online.

Maybe it's only the Beverage packages that are incorrect for some sailings?

My cruise planner shows $37.60 pppd for the premium package... I was charged 37.60 plus the 18%. Which is definitely less than the $49 pppd + 18% that I was looking at before the discount was showing online.

My cruise planner shows $37.60 pppd for the premium package... I was charged 37.60 plus the 18%. Which is definitely less than the $49 pppd + 18% that I was looking at before the discount was showing online.

They told me that the $37.60 was the select package. I would make sure you take a screen shot of it, because they said they would cancel the package if it wasn't the correct price.

They told me that the $37.60 was the select package. I would make sure you take a screen shot of it, because they said they would cancel the package if it wasn't the correct price.

Went and took a screen shot of all 3 plans and then the close up of the premium package, just in case :D

Thanks for the heads up just in case I need them. Can't usually go back in time to get screenshots of what you saw if they change it ;)

I'm having the same issue. Tried to book 2 days ago - website was having issues, they said IT had to fix some things and to call back. I call today and getting the same price you are. It's $47 per person per day - if you take 20% off of $47 you get $37.60. So basically even though they're promoting the drink package as 20% off, you can't get that price. About to call Crown & Anchor to see if they can help, but probably not......

I'm having the same issue. Tried to book 2 days ago - website was having issues, they said IT had to fix some things and to call back. I call today and getting the same price you are. It's $47 per person per day - if you take 20% off of $47 you get $37.60. So basically even though they're promoting the drink package as 20% off, you can't get that price. About to call Crown & Anchor to see if they can help, but probably not......

Keep us updated. I'm sure we all would love to hear what happens to everyone. I'm still on this as well. This seem like a huge booboo on RCI's part

30 minute phone call. There is a website pricing "glitch" that is affecting drink packages, several shore excursions, and dining options that they are aware of. IT is working on the issue. He suggested calling back in 48 hours. He put a note in my account so if the 20% off promo disappears they should still honor it. We'll see......

Where are you getting your numbers?

I found this pdf of the beverage packages. http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

Package Price pp Days Total 18% Graty Grand Total

Ultimate $59.00 7 $413.00 $74.34 $487.34

Ult 20% disc $47.20 7 $330.40 $59.47 $389.87

Premium $49.00 7 $343.00 $61.74 $404.74

Prem 20%c $39.20 7 $274.40 $49.39 $323.79

Select $39.00 7 $273.00 $49.14 $322.14

Sel 20% $31.20 7 $218.40 $39.31 $257.71

Edited by cynt

I still don't understand why some get the 20% off and others do not. Our cruise the Oasis for 4-30 has never shown a discount.

I've seen other posts mention discounts are only being offered on Oasis-class sailings of 9 days or more. Not sure if that's true or not.

Where are you getting your numbers?

I found this pdf of the beverage packages. http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

Package Price pp Days Total 18% Graty Grand Total

Ultimate $59.00 7 $413.00 $74.34 $487.34

Ult 20% disc $47.20 7 $330.40 $59.47 $389.87

Premium $49.00 7 $343.00 $61.74 $404.74

Prem 20%c $39.20 7 $274.40 $49.39 $323.79

Select $39.00 7 $273.00 $49.14 $322.14

Sel 20% $31.20 7 $218.40 $39.31 $257.71

See attachment.

Bev Package Main Page.pdf

I bought the premium package under the 20% sale Sunday at $310. Today it's still showing 20% off but at $388. On my Harmony booking with NO sale, it's $404.

Make sure to watch, because they told me they would cancel the orders with the incorrect price. I hope they don't for you because that is just not right.

This was definitely not showing up on my May 7 Grandeur 5 day as of yesterday. When I saw this thread tonight, I logged in and I have it. I took the screen shots to be save. I have an email confirmation showing it as a premium pkg. It came to $462 total. I broke out the calculator before I hit the buttons to make sure at least that part was correct.

Make sure to watch, because they told me they would cancel the orders with the incorrect price. I hope they don't for you because that is just not right.

I hope they do not cancel it as well. I booked my son and his friend's package at the same price as MPoole's ($310). Several calls today represented absolutely the worst customer service I have ever received from Royal. One woman said "No, LISTEN to me" when I questioned the premium package price as being incorrect (and it was!) and continued to speak over me. I have a couple of cruises planned (2017 and 2018) but it isn't too late to cancel them. Royal needs to get their act together. Even a staid Royal fan can only take so much.:mad:

We discovered that yesterday when trying to book shore excursions on our Alaska cruise ... the total came to $80 more than it should have.

Took four separate calls to get it straightened out for the correct amount. First one said they couldn't find any excursions, second booked us, but not for the times we asked for, third corrected the booking. And the fourth phone call today sent us the confirmation, finally.

Have figured this out. I saw the Monday pricing of $310.58 as well. When my sister tried to purchase it a few hours later, it said $388.22. Said from $38.60 per person. Today it says from $47 per person. What they have done is increased the premium drink package to $58.75. $58.75 x 7 days - 20% off + 18% gratuity = $388.22. So they upped the package price and put it on sale! The original full price was $404.74. It's now being offered for about $16.50 off.