Question for people who have had a cruise cancelled by NCL

Heather1972

Hi all -

I'm one of the many people that has had the 11/5/2016 cruise cancelled by NCL due to a full charter. I'm am still waiting for MY email about what they are offering. Other people have gotten the email, so I know what it says. I found out last night that NCL has not officially told my TA. Anyway... For those who have dealt with NCL in the past regarding cancelled cruises, are they extremely firm about the dates they have given for price protected cruises? The best date for me falls 7 days outside one of the set of dates they have given for price protection. Any chance they will work with me on this (It's $1049 more than my cruise!) or am I just SOL?

When ours was cancelled they were firm on the dates, although they did add a few more options after the initial letter went out. We would have had to pay the difference to get anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were furious.

They cancelled a holiday season cruise (which is when DH can take a somewhat longer cruise).

The replacements offered were a couple of *months* before or after the holidays... not at all suitable.

They also offered a pittance in terms of $$, but that was irrelevant, since we couldn't replace the cruise with the dates "offered" anyway.

Their "offer" was laughable.

When ours was cancelled they were firm on the dates, although they did add a few more options after the initial letter went out. We would have had to pay the difference to get anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'm not willing to pay more. I got too good of a deal to pay extra for their screw up.

Epic med alternative offer for cancelled cruise was sail an entire year earlier for price protect. Some people were able to get NCL to switch to the replacement ship sailing same time frame but most unable.

You can try but if you want price protect I would see if a date in their offer can fit your schedule. This cancelled cruise does offer a surprisingly wide range of alternative dates for price protect. I think the Epic price protect alternative dates for 11 nt were about four dates in total, and a year prior to original booking.

We ended up rebooking outside the price protect offer and gave up the Haven suite and incredible perk package because the new price was way out of our range for dates that fit our schedule. Good luck.

We were furious.

They cancelled a holiday season cruise (which is when DH can take a somewhat longer cruise).

The replacements offered were a couple of *months* before or after the holidays... not at all suitable.

They also offered a pittance in terms of $$, but that was irrelevant, since we couldn't replace the cruise with the dates "offered" anyway.

Their "offer" was laughable.

Yeah the $50 OBC is a joke to say the least.

Yeah, I'm not willing to pay more. I got too good of a deal to pay extra for their screw up.

You can get a full refund of what you paid them, right? The problem comes up if you have locked in non-refundable flights or bought travel insurance that you cannot transfer. If you have those costs that exceed the offer ($300?) then I would negotiate with them on the amount they reimburse you.

They don't owe you a cruise at that price.

You can get a full refund of what you paid them, right? The problem comes up if you have locked in non-refundable flights or bought travel insurance that you cannot transfer. If you have those costs that exceed the offer ($300?) then I would negotiate with them on the amount they reimburse you.

They don't owe you a cruise at that price.

I kinda agree with you on this. While it stinks the cruise was cancelled, it is almost 7 months out ... it's not like it was cancelled within a few months. I would think if people are buying airfare that far out, they are also purchasing insurance to cover themselves. That's a long time period away to purchase airfare without insurance. I would fight with NCL to cover the change fees though.

Edited by Sissaaaaaa

I got lucky here. Really lucky. My TA got me on the 4/8/17 escape cruise. This was not in their list of dates in the letter. I also got an upgrade on the cabin with price protection and all my perks. He truly went above and beyond for me.