Internet/Liberty

I am trying to figure out if there is any benefit to buying internet before our cruise. If I pre-buy internet, do you get the sign in info before your cruise? Would my husband need to spend time on board setting it up still? Are there any gold CA discounts for the internet? It seems like in the past he used it.

I am trying to figure out if there is any benefit to buying internet before our cruise. If I pre-buy internet, do you get the sign in info before your cruise? Would my husband need to spend time on board setting it up still? Are there any gold CA discounts for the internet? It seems like in the past he used it.

If you pre-buy, you will get the access code with your SeaPass card.

I believe the Gold discount is 10% off a package.

If you purchase an internet package, can you use the internet anywhere in the ship or is it cabin only?

Anywhere on the ship, including your stateroom.

And welcome to Cruise Critic.:)

Zoom was offered two days ago for 30% off on our Sept sailing on Liberty...$9.99 per day for one device, $16.99 for two. If it is offered for your sailing, the discount is offered & you would use it..... It's a no brainer to purchase before you board!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I went on and bought it. There is some question of whether or not ZOOM will be installed before our cruise. I am hoping it is, slow internet is frustrating.

Edited by BLAMBKY

I went on and bought it. There is some question of whether or not ZOOM will be installed before our cruise. I am hoping it is, slow internet is frustrating.

Voom is "supposed" to be available on Liberty in June.... But that remains to be seen. [emoji102]

I purchased a VOOM pkg as well for my May 22nd cruise on Liberty. A recent review said it should be ready in a "couple of weeks." Hopefully that's the case. Otherwise, I'll just go to guest services and ask for the VOOM pkg I bought to be refunded.

I agree - it seemed like a no brainer to me to pre-purchase it at a discount. All of the reviews I've read said there have not been any discounts on board.

Ann

I purchased a VOOM pkg as well for my May 22nd cruise on Liberty. A recent review said it should be ready in a "couple of weeks." Hopefully that's the case. Otherwise, I'll just go to guest services and ask for the VOOM pkg I bought to be refunded.

I agree - it seemed like a no brainer to me to pre-purchase it at a discount. All of the reviews I've read said there have not been any discounts on board.

Ann

We are on this cruise also. Both my husband and I use ipads and iphones. I really don't see a need to purchase internet for phones. I don't plan to make any calls. But my husband may need it, because of his work. Where did you purchase the plan from? Was it RCCL website?

We are on this cruise also. Both my husband and I use ipads and iphones. I really don't see a need to purchase internet for phones. I don't plan to make any calls. But my husband may need it' date=' because of his work. Where did you purchase the plan from? Was it RCCL website?[/quote']

Log onto RCCL, and then go to 'My Cruises'. Then choose the cruise you want to purchase for. This is where you can buy drink packages, dining, spa services, Internet, etc.

We are on this cruise also. Both my husband and I use ipads and iphones. I really don't see a need to purchase internet for phones. I don't plan to make any calls. But my husband may need it' date=' because of his work. Where did you purchase the plan from? Was it RCCL website?[/quote']

Go to the RCCL website, sign in, go to My Cruises, choose your reservation that you want to purchase the internet for, the go to "Cruise Planner".... Choose the package you want. This is where you purchase drink packages, excursions, etc.

I just got off the phone with RCCL customer service and he assured me VOOM will be operational on Liberty on May 1. When I told him that I had heard not until June, he said he was not just guessing, that he was actually reading the dates that RCCL put out internally within the company. I sure hope he is correct, as I just bought a 2 device package. He told me that once we board we would get a username and password. I was a little concerned because my DH will be using his iPad and I will be using my iPad. I wanted to be assured that if we each use ours at the same time that the one username and password can be used simultaneously.

I assume we still need to call Verizon (our provider) and add international data. Is that correct? Neither of us plan to use text. And DH's company will be adding international calling to his phone in case he needs it. (but hopefully he will take a week away from work and not let business interfere.) That also gives us at least one cell phone where we can be contacted in case of emergency.