Sale vs booking onboard

WahooFan

If you book on board you get $100 OBC for the next cruise

This! I booked my Sunshine cruise for November last September on a cruise. I got the $100.00 OBC and so far it has been the best price offered, prices have gone up, which appears to be the trend these days. I did book early saver, sometimes it works sometimes it does not.

Have fun!

If you know the cruise you want to book, book it on board and get the $100 OBC (or whatever it will be for your sailing, it varies by length). You can get whatever specials are going on a that time. I normally book a "placeholder" cruise using the Past Guest rate and worry about specials when I get home and decide what I want to do.

We sail on the Breeze Sunday. Was trying to decide if I should take advantage of the $50 deposit sale or wait until we are on board. What is the perk for onboard booking?

Passengers who book a cruise on a cruise receive on board credit for the new cruise. The amount is determined by the length of the cruise: $50 for 3-5 day cruises, $75 for six day cruises, $100 for 7-12 days cruises, and $200 for 13+ day cruises.

Passengers who book a cruise on a cruise receive on board credit for the new cruise. The amount is determined by the length of the cruise: $50 for 3-5 day cruises, $75 for six day cruises, $100 for 7-12 days cruises, and $200 for 13+ day cruises.

Are the rates any better onboard?

I've never been able to book thru Carnival since they always charge more than several of the web based cruise companies. Even with their onboard $100 credit for a 7 night voyage, it's still cheaper for me to book the same cruise at my computer and save almost $300. I was like everybody else last night--checking out the $49 deposit sale on the dot com. I then went to cruise quick dot com and went thru the booking process for the same sailing and it was $300 less for an inside cabin than the amt quoted by CCL. Wish I could book thru the cruiseline itself, but they are ALWAYS higher than the web cruise agencies I use. Always.

Edited by almitra

To avoid long lineup, do it early on and don't wait till the last day of the cruise to book onboard.

Definitely.

We booked on the first night of our Breeze sailing. We had no wait and the transaction took minutes. Our friends waited until the last day and stood in line for an hour and a half.